I love my Shrink DVD

So far using it with AnyDVD I have been able to back-up any movie I’ve wanted to.

But with all the changes the movie industry has been coming out with, I’m afraid it’s only a matter of time before that changes.

Since AnyDVD has been working so well, I want to stay with another SlySoft product.

Which is closer to Shrink DVD, CloneDVD, or CloneCD? I want something that will copy an entire DVD and put in on one 4.7 DVD with the same quality.

CloneCD will make 1:1 copies, but will not compress to DVD5. So CloneDVD would be your best choice.
Of course, when ever you compress with any program some quality is sacraficed, though not very noticeable untill you get down below 80% of original.

Will CloneDVD cut out the previews and the other garbage that is on the DVD?

You can tell it to…just use the clone title mode and only grab the video streams that you want…

Yes, the option to backup movie only and preserve menus at the same time is there, and works very well. You can even split long movies to 2 disks with ease, if you are concerned about quality for viewing on large screen.
I suggest downloading and giving it a try. There is a generous 21 day trial period, and currently there is a discount Christmas promotion should you decide to purchace it after you wring it out.
Plenty of tutorials and help here at CD Freaks, and the help files with CloneDVD2 are good as well.
Hope this helps. :slight_smile:
sockeye

Been using the free trial for three days, bought both CloneDVD2 and CloneCD today. I love them both.

I was the same with AnyDVD and CloneDVDmobile, I used the trial for about 30 hours before I decided I couldn’t live without the.

Good to hear people have 3 or 4 of the software package. To me having all four packages give you options as how to rip, burn, convert.

Don’t forget Virtual Clone Drive it’s free :wink:

Well I now have ANYDVD, CloneDVD, CloneCD and Virtual CloneDrive. But I don’t know what to do with Virtual CloneDrive. Is there a help file or a readme anywhere?

In case you missed it, here is the product’s description:

Virtual CloneDrive works and behaves just like a physical CD/DVD drive, however it exists only virtually. Image files generated with CloneDVD or CloneCD can be mounted onto a virtual drive from your hard-disk or from a network drive and used in the same manner as inserting them into a normal CD/DVD drive.

Think of virtual memory where you reassign contiguous hard drive space to emulate memory. Now, you have a virtual drive. Actually, if you have the platform, you can create up to 8 virtual drives.

If you download an .ISO,.IMG etc. and want to view it you can Mount it on Virtual CloneDrive.

An iso file is a “picture” of a disk (be it cd or dvd) and a virtual drive is a “picture” of a drive, that enables you to play the picture with a pc player.

Virtual CloneDrive kept locking up my computer so I un-installed it. Oh well since I didn’t know what to do with it, I won’t miss it. LOL

Only problem i have is it associates files with it i chose not to but it works fine other than that.

Do what???