I love my 610u

So, I gave on my windows nonsense and bought myself a macbook pro. It hurt the wallet, that’s for sure, but I wanted a new computer and felt like it was the right choice.

At the same time, I picked up a Plextor PX610u to use with the laptop. Well, I pulled it from the package and first thing I said was wow. This unit is nice. The quality is really nice.

Can’t wait to set it up tonight and use it for reading pretty much everything (minus bluray :().

Check it out!

Oh, heheh, don’t mind the seam in the paper. I’m trying to learn editing techneeks and thought itd be a good time to learn. :cool:

Nevermind guys :frowning:

I just found it’s the wrong one. The mac one is the white one, not the black one . This friggin blows. NOW I have to go return it. Not cool.

Yes, the MAC version comes with Toast 9 Titanium which IMHO is much better than it’s counterpart Creator 10. Anyway, I’ve been curious about this drive because I read somewhere that there is an internal battery that supplements power when needed, making it truly USB powered. Can you let me know once you open it? Does it come with a power supply? Does the supplied USB cable require 2 USB ports?

Bitaddict, I think your reading skills are lacking. He specifically said “Well, I pulled it from the package and first thing I said was wow”.

That does mean he pulled it from the packaging. Too bad it’s the wrong version though :frowning:

Nocluebro, you can send it to my po box if you’d like. :slight_smile:

So I have to have a Mac to use the white one?

[QUOTE=Baoser;2294434]So I have to have a Mac to use the white one?[/QUOTE]

The drive hardware is the same, the only difference is the bundled software. If you don’t need the software, then it doesn’t matter.

ahhhh icic thanks for the answer negritude