I love getting shipments from newegg

vbimport

Just got my parts today for a build I am doing and it’s like christmas you get a huge box with all kinds of new toys in it. I like whats in the boxes and the cats just like playing in the boxes.

The build is nothing special a friends motherboard died and it was a 6 year old gateway so he wants me to build him a new one

AMD Phenom II x2 555 3.2Ghz
500GB WD black HD
8GB G. Skill 1600 DDR3 RAM
Gigabyte MB with integrated Radeon 4500
Corsair 430 watt PSU
and a new keyboard and mouse

Yeah, especially with RAM so cheap now.

Microcenter still has good AMD deals as well as Intel deals now, none in your area?

no all we have here is best buy and that’s kind of a long drive so I do all my PC shopping online

[QUOTE=MrPete1985;2599535]no all we have here is best buy and that’s kind of a long drive so I do all my PC shopping online[/QUOTE]

Yo Mr Pete-

Strongly recommend always cross checking Newegg prices with Amazon’s - My experience is that Amazon beats Newegg about 50% of the time and also has the superior return policies-eh!! :clap:

Love newegg but I also always compare their prices by using google search that way I see other prices along with amazon.

I’m trying to talk my brother into updating the old PC he plays WoW on, if he decides to go for it I plan to order the parts from amazon since they have the better return policy.

I want to try one of the new AMD APUs so I am trying to talk him into spending the money since every once in a while the PC he plays on gives a BSoD, I think the video card is on its way out because last time it did it to me it was one of the VC driver files that was the cause.

[QUOTE=MrPete1985;2600293]…if he decides to go for it I plan to order the parts from amazon since they have the better return policy.[/QUOTE]

Yo-

Suggestion - right before you are gonna order a bunch of stuff from Amazon - join the free trial (it’s either 30 or 60 days long) of [B]Amazon Prime[/B]. That will give you [B]free[/B] 2 day shipping on everything you buy - for the [B]entire[/B] trial period - then if you like it - sign up for the $79 - which gives you prepaid 2 day shipping for the next twelve months ([B]no[/B] limit to how many orders).

(I have had Amazon Prime since they first offered it several years ago - and have saved many hundreds of $ in shipping costs over the time I have had it)

Also - I only buy one item per order - because if you have trouble with an order - you don’t have to comb through a bunch of other items to get right to the return/replace part of the game-eh! (even [B]more[/B] applicable to Newegg)

[QUOTE=MrPete1985;2599495]Just got my parts today for a build I am doing and it’s like christmas you get a huge box with all kinds of new toys in it. I like whats in the boxes and the cats just like playing in the boxes.
[/QUOTE]

I know the feeling… I’ve been shopping for a new 23-25" LED backlight monitor
and Monday night finally settled on an ASUS 25" but couldn’t quite make myself push the checkout button…

Knowing that tuesday morning brings a fresh weekly sale…

To make a long story short I actually bought a 24" monitor for $204

24hours later I was already enjoying the monitor and cloning my OS onto the new HDD… I’m 20miles northwest of Allentown PA, Newegg shipped both items out of Edison NJ, and I’ve found if I order before 2pm Mon-Thur I have whatever I order the next day…

Even if someone else sold the same stuff cheaper, they wouldn’t ship as fast nor would the shipping be FREE.

AD

Haha I live in Bensalem PA not too far away from you, I love it when I get stuff shipped from Jersey ( as long as it doesn’t have that New Jersey smell on it, you know the one)

I just order a notebook from them for a person it was on sale a lot cheaper from them than amazon. If they have it in Tn it will be here on monday. Great to have a warehouse just accross the river from ark.

[QUOTE=MrPete1985;2599495]Just got my parts today for a build I am doing and it’s like christmas you get a huge box with all kinds of new toys in it. I like whats in the boxes and the cats just like playing in the boxes.

The build is nothing special a friends motherboard died and it was a 6 year old gateway so he wants me to build him a new one

AMD Phenom II x2 555 3.2Ghz
500GB WD black HD
8GB G. Skill 1600 DDR3 RAM
Gigabyte MB with integrated Radeon 4500
Corsair 430 watt PSU
and a new keyboard and mouse[/QUOTE]

I would’ve gone with a quad core with a lower mhz… but that’s just me… Also you’ll be missing out on Direct-X 11 and later OpenGL with the radeon 4xxx series. For another $100 you can fix both and maybe queeze 1tb 7200rpm drive if you find the right deals :smiley:

I’m waiting on a package from Newegg at the moment myself . . .