I loaded two new pieces of software, but I cant use them?

vbimport

Hi Members,

I just loaded two new pieces of software…vso Divx to Dvd and Copy To Dvd…and the drive designation window is blank…in fact I also have Easy CDA EXTRACTOR, and the same problem, no drive designation in the windows.

I tried uninstalling Copy To Dvd, at least, and going to MICROSOFT FIX IT to use their “fix it solution” to “magically fix the problem” and it says it’s fixed but still NO drives in the windows !

I can’t even go into the top menus to put them in manually…

Please help I am need of burning stuff BAD !

Thanks so much for patience with this, probably, stupid problem of mine !

Yours, Mike

Hi and Welcome!

let me ask you a couple of questions that may help narrowing down the problem.

[ol]
[li]What drive do you have? Please post the drive’s name (example: TSST TS-L632D) as precise as possible.
[/li][li]Is your drive shown in Bios setup or during POST?
[/li][li]Is your drive shown in device manager without problem indicator?
[/li][li]Can you access an (already recorded) CD or DVD from Windows Explorer?
[/li][/ol]
Michael

Hi mciahel, thanks so much for your reply…here’s the info

i use google as my internet platform, though i can use explorer

my laptop burner is a TSST corp CDDVDW TS-L633L; i have disabled it because it doesnt work. Yes, it has a problem indicator warning label on it in DEVICE MANAGER.

I will try to do it through EXPLORER, using my PIONEER and I will do all of these things when I get back to my home.

I don’t know how to get to BIOS to check for that information.

I use an external PIONEER DVRX162Q multi format burner, I just purchased and up until some recent HP updates and MICROSOFT updates everything worked fine !

Thanks so very much for your patience with me and my low skill level on this my Friend

Yours, Mike

Where did you get the programs that you installed? P2p, torrents or from VSO

[QUOTE=MikeLI;2593417]Hi Members,

I just loaded two new pieces of software…vso Divx to Dvd and Copy To Dvd…and the drive designation window is blank…in fact I also have Easy CDA EXTRACTOR, and the same problem, no drive designation in the windows.

I tried uninstalling Copy To Dvd, at least, and going to MICROSOFT FIX IT to use their “fix it solution” to “magically fix the problem” and it says it’s fixed but still NO drives in the windows !

I can’t even go into the top menus to put them in manually…

Please help I am need of burning stuff BAD !

Thanks so much for patience with this, probably, stupid problem of mine !

Yours, Mike[/QUOTE]

Can you be more specific as to what version of software you installed and what O/S version of windows your using? Just reading the last one sounds like it is some 3rd party software that the name doesn’t ring a bell or I seem to recognize as a popularly used program. And sounds like the windows driver if that is has been corrupted preventing it from properly recognizing the drive. Can you see the drive from the device manager? But as with anything we need to know what version of O/S your using to know what to ask you to look at.

[QUOTE=MikeLI;2593475]
i use google as my internet platform, though i can use explorer[/quote]The browser used doesn’t matter at all. :wink:

my laptop burner is a TSST corp CDDVDW TS-L633L; i have disabled it because it doesnt work. Yes, it has a problem indicator warning label on it in DEVICE MANAGER.

This should be fixed asap (and don’t mind if the drive is still dysfunctional due to a hardware problem). Try here: http://support.microsoft.com/mats/cd_dvd_drive_problems/

I will try to do it through EXPLORER, using my PIONEER and I will do all of these things when I get back to my home.

Yes, this is the first check in order to see if the drive can at least read a disc. Also, since the Pioneer is external, perhaps you can try it with another computer. This should help ruling out if there is a software or hardware problem.

I don’t know how to get to BIOS to check for that information.
Skip that for the moment.

Michael

This is the vso DivxtoDvd I have & I’ve never had it cause problems . I don’t use it much any more but it is still on my computer. So I don’t think it is the cause. If you have the same version from a good source.
http://www.afterdawn.com/software/audio_video/convert_video/vso_divxtodvd_free.cfm
It won’t hurt to try the MS fix link posted by mciahel . It works for some people.
If that doesn’t work try uninstalling the TSST corp CDDVDW TS-L633L from Device Manager & reboot. This should reinstall it . Of course if the driver is corrupt then it reinstalls the corrupt driver . So it doesn’t help.

You might find some help in this topic:

I wouldn’t start with the Devcon program . Try uninstalling the SPTD if it is on your OS.

[QUOTE=G_Ivan Awfulitch;2593518]Where did you get the programs that you installed? P2p, torrents or from VSO[/QUOTE]

Hi,

I got the programs from afterdawn.

Members,

In the device manager, i have a warning yellow triangle w. question mark, and the following error message for both the external PIONEER and the internal drive.

The warning message says this…

Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

What do I do now ?

Thanks, Mike

As I posted above:

[QUOTE=cholla;2593541]
If that doesn’t work try uninstalling the TSST corp CDDVDW TS-L633L from Device Manager & reboot. This should reinstall it . [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=MikeLI;2593721]

Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

What do I do now ?[/QUOTE]This: http://support.microsoft.com/mats/cd_dvd_drive_problems/

Michael

[QUOTE=mciahel;2593750]This: http://support.microsoft.com/mats/cd_dvd_drive_problems/

Michael[/QUOTE]

mciahel, I have tried this several times, and while the program says it’s fixed, it’s not.

The Fix It program tries to install a new driver for the internal cd/dvd drive, but fails, and they then suggest contacting the manufacturer.

Thank you very much for your suggestion :slight_smile:

Am I at the point where I just get new burning software ?

As long as you have errors in device manager, there is only a small chance that one of your burners will work - regardless of the software.

You might try ImgBurn and post the log (even from a failed burn attempt) this might help getting after the issue.

Michael

mciahel,

You are correct…and I came across this situation regarding a PIONEER DVR 215, which I will try…your thoughts would be appreciated, as always :slight_smile:

Go to device manager and uninstall the CD/DVD drive
Press Win+R and type regedit
Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class
Locate the entry {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
On the right side, locate the entry UpperFilters and delete it
locate the entry LowerFilters and delete that as well
Close regedit
Restart

Upon restart, windows will automatically install the driver for your CD/DVD ROM device. Verify results of the operation in device manager.

Note: If you find multiple entries of {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}, you might want to go through each and every one to make sure that the upper and lower filter entries are removed. You must make sure that you are in the appropriate registry subkey before deleting the UpperFilters and the LowerFilters values. To verify this, make sure that the Default data value is DVD/CD-ROM and the Class data value is CDROM.

Important: if you’ve installed any 3rd party burning software like Nero, PowerISO, etc. they would need to be re-installed after these steps.

@ MikeLI , You can delete the upper & lower filters if you like.
I would try to just uninstall the CD/DVD drives from Device Manager first then reboot .
If this doesn’t fix the problem you can always try deleting the filters too.
This could save you a lot of time reinstalling software if you don’t need to delete the filters.

mciahel, cholla, G_Ivan Awfulitch, coolcolors,

It appears that this “fix” worked…while I have not hooked up my PIONEER, I have checked the software and the internal dvdrw is in the drive window, at least.

I also went to MY COMPUTER and pressed “eject” and my internal drive popped out, as is normal, so…I guess it’s a winner.

I will report back this afternoon about the external drive situation !

A preliminary THANKS TO ALL, and this proves again the good work that MY CE.com does for it’s members !

Have a GREAT DAY, wherever you are !

Yours, Gratefully,

Mike

PS boby12, try it and let us know how it works !

[QUOTE=MikeLI;2594004]mciahel, cholla, G_Ivan Awfulitch, coolcolors,

It appears that this “fix” worked…while I have not hooked up my PIONEER, I have checked the software and the internal dvdrw is in the drive window, at least.

I also went to MY COMPUTER [B]and pressed “eject” and my internal drive popped out[/B], as is normal, so…I guess it’s a winner.

I will report back this afternoon about the external drive situation !

A preliminary THANKS TO ALL, and this proves again the good work that MY CE.com does for it’s members !

Have a GREAT DAY, wherever you are !

Yours, Gratefully,

Mike

PS boby12, try it and let us know how it works ![/QUOTE]

I hope not, the try with the disc would be enough. :wink: