I live in Scotland UK , Want to move and live & Work in The USA?

vbimport

Hi,
As i said above , I live in Scotland UK , Want to move and live & Work in The USA ?
But i here you need a Green Card , and when i goto the greencard website http://www.usafis.org/_sys/EN/adz7.asp?af=luks_150_739
It Says list of Eligible & NON Eligible Countrys .
Ok now the UK is under NON Eligible Countrys , but in Eligible Countrys Thers countrys like GAZA , IRAQ etc ???
Why is this , is this cause of that idiot Shoe Bomber , Im Scots Irish .
I was Born in Scotland , My Mother was born in Scotland BUT My father was born in Ireland and has an Irish Passport .
I have an Aunt and 2 cousins who were born in Scotland and they all live Work and have Green Cards , Driver Licences etc .

P.S. How long can i stay if i cant get a green Card , Holiday wise 2/4 weeks or more ?

i’d try ^ first

This link may also be useful if you are planning to move to the US: http://www.kpmg.com/Services/Tax/Personal/IES/IESPubs.htm (especially the brochure “Planning your international transfer to the USA”.

When did people start needed green cards just go to Mexico and come in that way. You can work and live here as long as you like. Little Bush will even try and make you legal if he gets another chance.

To work and live in the US you do not need a Green Card, a work permit and residence permit will do. A Green Card may be obtained after a few years if you intend to become a permanent resident of the US.

And Samler, Uncle Sam tries its best to keep people out of the US. If you do not have the proper papers, you can get serious penalties and even prison sentences…

[QUOTE=Da_Taxman;1996607]To work and live in the US you do not need a Green Card, a work permit and residence permit will do. A Green Card may be obtained after a few years if you intend to become a permanent resident of the US.

And Samler, Uncle Sam tries its best to keep people out of the US. If you do not have the proper papers, you can get serious penalties and even prison sentences…[/QUOTE]

They do not I have called them and they do nothing about it. Only when a few people went to the border and started doing something themselves did they government do anything. This is a new form of slavery using people without papers at wages below what is right and without any benefits, Don’t get me wrong I for one have no problem with people coming here from Mexico and working but it must not be as slaves but as legal workers.