I Know This Is Impossible.. Or Is It?

vbimport

Hi, I’m new here by the way. Anyways I have this wierd problem with my computer. As I’m burning files onto a CD-R as it is almost finished my computer suddenly shuts down. I try it again but there is something wrong with the CD. I can’t burn anything into it. There’s absolutly nothing in it yet but it tells me to insert a writable disc. Can anyone tell me why it does this and is there anyway I can fix this problem?

Freenux, Welcome to the forums…:slight_smile:

Can ya give us a little more info, like what os you are using and what hardware, pc specs, make of the drive, software used to burn?

There are so many things that “could be wrong” that a lil more info would really help us help you more.:slight_smile:

Many, excellent reasons. Get a dart board & we’ll get started, shall we? :slight_smile:

Power supply, driver conflicts, file system problems on your HD, old revision of software, problems with aspi layers, or just good old fashion power fluctuations :slight_smile:

Tell us a little bit more about your system setup, what your burner is, what software you are using, what you are actually trying to do & so on and so forth.

The easiest way is to download nero & run the infotool, which will tell us nearly everything we need to know, except what you are trying to achieve.
(Don’t post the serial number at the top though)

If you stick it between [ code ] & [ / code ] tags it would be appreciated.
That will result in this.

Insert thirty pages of crap here.
Page1
pAge 2
paGe 3
pagE 4
PAge 5
PaGe 6
PagE 7
PAge 8
PAGe 9
PAgE 10
PAGe 11
PAGE 12
pAGE 13
PaGE 14

Start scrolling now 

W
o
o
o
o
h
o
o
o
O
O
O
O
o
o
o
:)
Y
e
e
h
A
A
A
A
W
s
s
s
s
s
t
t
t
t
o
o
o
o
o
p
p
p
p
n
n
n
o
o
o
w
w
w
w
And so on and so forth :)
Tada
What a great idea!

Maybe just the “shutdown when finished with burning” box was ticked…

well i don’t know much about computers :o but i know i just used windows media player to burn the music into the CD. and chef i didn’t have any “shutdown when finished burning” box ticked however i did hav something like that that i checked off:“close the wizard after the files have been written”. also, it shuts down in the middle of the process…

Sounds like your computer is overheating, power supply going bad, too many processes going on for your cpu to handle, system overclocked too high, etc. Really need to list your specs and as “debro” said, a nero infotool log.

Yup, if it is going to shutdown before the tasks are completed, it sounds like overheating…

This is probably set up in the BIOS > shutdowen the system when temperature is going over a limit.

Feel your case at the back near the power supply, if it’s real hot could be a dead power supply fan. That would cause the computer to overheat and shutdown. Depending on where you keep your cpu, if components inside are dirty, that could be cause overheating as well. I had this problem once and opened my case, pointed a fan inside and then my cpu didn’t shutdown, that’s how i knew it was overheating. You can use that cd you tried to burn because cd-rs are write-once, you can’t use it because it hasn’t been finalized or closed. Also, just thought you might be interested in some free burning software. It’s lot more useful than the burning capabilities of Win XP:Deep Burner