I just want to know whats the BEST software that handles copy protection

vbimport

Im so lost when it comes to burning DVD’s. I am a ROOKIE. My laptop comes with a DVD burner, but I think there’s something more to it, cause I try to burn copy’s but I struggle with the copy protection. I just want to know whats the BEST software that handles copy protection. Are there any Free ones to download or is it simply better to invest. Again, I am a rookie so Im looking for software that is extremely dummy proof. Simple as putting in original, copying, and burning. (Hopefully its that easy) Also if u could… What brand DVD’s do you guys recommend buying for BEST picture quaility and What type DVD’s work BEST on most all DVD players that wont kill my pocket… Please help me with any GREAT information, I have been looking to do this hobby for a long time, but have been searching for help in all the wrong places. Thank You n God Bless.

Try ripit4me:
http://www.ripit4me.org/download.html
Or
dvdfab decrypter:
http://www.dvdidle.com/free.htm use the 3052 beta
They re both good and free.

You may find fab easier to use.

As for media, i use verbatim.
Some prefer TY.

FOR THROW AWAY DVD BLANKS (like ones you give away) USE GQ FROM FRY’S ELECTRONICS OR ANY OFFICE STORE BRANDS EXCEPT STAPLES! AS FOR ONES YOU WILL KEEP YOURSELF USE SONY OR MEMOREX!

GO TO 1CLICKCOPY.COM FOR SOME REALLY GOOD BURN ENGINES AND FAIRLY PRICED. GOOD LUCK, THE C.

@THE C.: please don’t type in capitals. On forums it is considered like shouting. Thanks…

@LuvTheWord:
please don’t cross-post the same question to other parts of CD Freaks. Your other thread will be deleted.

Depends are you going for freeware or going to buy the software? My advice is go for Slysoft products…they have discounts if you buy packages of their software. I would recommened if you going to buy-buy all four packages or if that too much just buy AnyDVD, CloneDVD, CloneCD. Anydvd decrypts the protection and CloneDVD or CloneCD does the copy to single or dual layer media. But as I said before you going for freeware or purchase software???

You get all the beneifit by going with “RipIt4Me” which is conbination of 4 programs and is free. It start authomatically rip, remove protection, encode, shrink and finally write the DVD or CD.

There is quite a bit of best software depending on everyone’s personla opinion :iagree:
When I first tried this I found that the combination of AnyDVD to remove copy protection and CloneDVD to make a copy of the movie/tv show, worked really well and very easy to understand.
There is a great tutorial on the site - it will guide you through step by step:
tutorial here

Plus, you can download free 30 day trials of both pieces of software from Slysoft for free and test that it does what you want.

I would vote for clonedvd and anydvd but the others will work also. As for as the advice on disk I would never purchase memorex anything you do not know what you are getting.
I also do not purchase anything with sony on it no matter how good it might be they are the number one company trying to stop you from backing up music and or dvds. I would stay with made in Japan Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim.

I stick with Taiyo Yuden media. There are some fakes out there, however, so buy from a reputable place. I bought some media on ebay (it was not advertised as any particular brand) 10 bad discs out of 50. With Taiyo Yuden, I get maybe one bad DVD or CD out of 50! I use Nero 6.6 and always check the “verify” button.

I buy all my blank media from supermediastore.com or rima.com. Outstanding quality, fast shipping, low prices, and great service (no affiliation, just a happy customer). You will find that there are various qualities of Taiyo Yuden media too… there are bulk shrinkwrapped (you don’t even get a cakebox!), which are the cheapest, all the way up to the kind you can run through a special printer and print all the way from the hub to the edge. There are many in between. Wait for a sale. I bought middle-quality TY DVD-R’s for less than the bulk ones. One problem: TY does not make +RW or -RW media, only -R and +R. I don’t know what to suggest for +RW and -RW… I bought Verbatim made in Taiwan and have had three out of three good burns. Note that Some Sony media is made in Japan (good… probably TY) and some made in Taiwan (I cannot vouch for the quality). In general, if you can find Japanese-made media, it’s going to be good. I found one cakebox of Maxell DVD-R’s at Office Depot among hundreds of cakeboxes of Maxell made in Taiwan. Same with Sony. I personally have had very bad luck with Pioneer blank media (about 5% of our vacation photographs were unreadable only two weeks after I burned the discs!) and Ritek from Office Depot (the CD’s have huge errors after only a few weeks… the CD’s skip and eject).

Al.