I have speed up my download 15x faster!

vbimport

I have downloaded a small software to accelerate your PC. Each time I tried that, I saw my download speed went down .this is not what I wanted.
When I slow downed my PC by placing the cursor in the slow mode…, the download has suddenly accelerated to 10-15 times faster. When I saw that I could not believe my eyes.All I got for years was a 20-60 ko/second.
And suddenly over 200 ko/seconds.then 400, 500, 600,…. Up to 800 ko/secomds The dream come true!!!i thought my laptop would explode or burn….

can you explain me what I did???my windown is much slower now but view my download speed, I am very happy now!

are you on a network?

I am on a basic adsl with a router equipped with a wifi…
the software I downlaoded is speed gear v.5
set it to max slow…

try and let me know!bacause for me it worked!

got 1500ko /s last day.

how do you explain that?

2200 ko/s last night…!!!

It shouldn’t have anything to do with software, as as soon at the bandwidth has reached its limit, it cant go any faster. Sounds like someone else was leeching off your wifi, and while you have been on your computer, the person has become disconnected…

Yes since your router can use wifi you might want to secure it where only your PC’s can use the wireless router, this way your bandwidth is great for you’r use. When you have more computers on one network it can kill or bog down you internet speeds.

Are you using opera by any chance?

As there is a problem with opera and these speeder programs. in that opera reports rediculously high download speeds but it is not downloading them at that speed.

Wi-Fi leechers, worst kind of leechers.

effectively we are several guys on this router…

what I dont understand, even at 2000ko/s(50 time faster,huh???hard to believe), the time to download go by exemple from 3hours to 30 minutes for 1 file…after 30 minutes I dont see the download going faster as it s still show me 30 minutes.

by installing this speed gear 5, I wonder if I dont read an overevaluated download speed making me believe my download is faster, and in fact nothing has changed.

this speed gear in fact dont make anything , and in this case is just a ripp off!
I need more time to analyze my setup!

well, I can say that it works better, but as says anthonyUK, it’s not the real values…I guess my DL peed is around 200ko, instead of the 800-1500ko Indicated.

I will take with a pinch of salt about these "speedup"softwares.

can you give me more info how I could increase my dl speed . what is Hard disc cache size???it set at 50mb , in default mode.(sorry for my bad english)

I was one of them before I got my wireless router. But yea no leachers can get on this one. :bigsmile:

gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood:sad::iagree:

[QUOTE=haveacigar;1440404]It shouldn’t have anything to do with software, as as soon at the bandwidth has reached its limit, it cant go any faster. Sounds like someone else was leeching off your wifi, and while you have been on your computer, the person has become disconnected…[/QUOTE]

That’s not so - there are several software settings which can drastically affect your download speed e.g. the mtu setting, etc.

The easiest way for someone who doesn’t want to go through a learning curve on how to tweak the settings for best effect [and the settings will differ a lot between different setups] is to use something like TuneUp which leads you through the process step by step.

If you consider the number of variables in use on different computers it stands to reason that no one setting will suit them all! Even just switching from ethernet to wifi would need a software tweak to get the best out of it.

If you want to check your dl speed use DU Meter [most isp’s know and respect it].

Also don’t forget that your speed will be governed by the slowest link! If you want to get the best speed get onto usenet and you will max out your connection every time up to the limit set by your usenet/is provider.

To the new poster check the last posted date was in 2006. Nowdays ISP will terminate your internet if your caught cheating on your net speed. That is why we haven’t heard anything since this posting in 2006. So check the posted date before responding to out dated posting that has not had any relevant response.

link me plzzzzzzz

[QUOTE=ekjotsingh;2241441]link me plzzzzzzz[/QUOTE]

http://www.tune-up.com/products/tuneup-utilities/

where is slow down my pc botton…