I have a problem with a cdrom in an external enclosure

vbimport

Operating system Windows 7 home premium
The drive is a Plextor PX-W4824A (jumpered as master). The case is a Nexstar NST-530U2. -software- Windows Explorer sees the drive and the disk in the drive, it also displays the correct number of .cdr files on the disk. VLC Ver. 2.0.1 - VLC sees the drive but cannot play the disk.
EAC Ver. 0.99 prebeta 5 4/may/2009 - EAC can see the both the drive and CD and lists the tracks correctly. I am also able to download the correct information from Freedb. When I try to rip the CD, EAC displays the following message - "Exact Audio Copy Couldn’t Detect A Matching Read Command For This Drive.

To be sure that the enclosure is the culprit, can you try the same CD with a different drive (using the same enclosure of course)?

[QUOTE=geno888;2643847]To be sure that the enclosure is the culprit, can you try the same CD with a different drive (using the same enclosure of course)?[/QUOTE]
I don’t have another ide cdrom drive but the one in the case is was new and unused in original packaging as delivered by Plextor. I will see if I can chase down a second drive to try. The Plextor might be a bad drive but some how I doubt it especially as it is being accessed to some extent by all the programs used.

I too bought a brand new box a couple of months ago to use my burners but it seems that it is not compatible with my computer :doh:

Can you test the enclosure in a different computer?

Another possibility is that that specific drive is not supported by EAC for some reason. Did you try a different software?