I have a hp dv1000 laptop and it wont go to the main screen (HP Pavilion dv1550se Rfrbd Notebook PC)

[qanda]This thread is about the HP Pavilion dv1550se Rfrbd Notebook PC. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]MY LAPTOP WONT GO TO THE COMPUTER SCREEN IT WILL GO TO SAFE MODE THEN SAY THE IMAGE MPR.DLL IS POSSIBLY CORRUPT. THE HEADER CHECKSUM DOES NOT MATCH THE COMPUTED CHECKSUM. WHAT DO I DO?

Do you have a recovery partition or disc set?

yes i tried the hp quickplay application restore cd,and the application and driver recovery dvd and it didnt do anything however the restore CD did ask for language then it would try to work then i got a screen saying “installation stopped due to unsupported system detected or insufficient hdd space. please check your system”

You may have to erase the HDD and boot the PC from the optical drive by selecting the boot order from the BIOS.

I had to do this on a Sony Vaio.

is there anyway you could please tell me how to do that thank you

Download a free program shuch as Active KillDisk and make a CD on some other PC.
Access you computers BIOS (try F2 or Delete key when you first see the screen)
change the boot order to boot from CD first
exit inset CD and turn computer on follow the instructions.
then try you recover CD.

Ok thank you ill try that

cough
Please note, that all your data will get deleted if you wipe the HDD as suggested.

i assumed that i really dont want to lose my data but i need my laptop working

Sometimes all you can do is wipe clean and start over. My Vaio recover discs would not work untill I erased the HDD and reformated it. Now I use true image and a external HDD for backup.

well from this i learned my lesson and now im saving all my data on a hdd

Uh, hey guys - have you ever heard of a Linux ‘live CD’? You boot off the CD and that gives you access to all your data to copy it off!

There are >many< variants of Linux that offer a live CD. My fave is Puppy Linux at www.puppylinux.com. You download an iso file, create a CD from it, set your BIOS to boot from CD, boot the computer, and you’re in! It almost takes longer to explain it than it does to do it.

I’m a pro computer tech, and do this all the time to rescue data from crashed Windows computers.

Any questions? You can email me at (deleted)