I have 2 really idiotic questions

#1. what does -AFAIK- mean?
#2. what does -IMHO- mean?

:o :o :o :o

AFAIK = As Far As I Know
IMHO = In My Humble Opinion

There’s a few good on-line dictionaries of internet abbreviations if you have look with Google.

AFAIK and IMHO imkidd57 is right. :stuck_out_tongue:

Here’s one acronym dictionary: Acronym Finder

[B]Urban Dictionary Always Helps Me Keep Up With The Modern Youth[/B]

From; cdfreaks idiotic old bag :stuck_out_tongue: :bigsmile:

di :flower:

[quote=diane7;2042839][B]Urban Dictionary Always Helps Me Keep Up With The Modern Youth[/B]

From; cdfreaks idiotic old bag :stuck_out_tongue: :bigsmile:

di :flower:[/quote]Urban Dictionary is my favorite place to go to find what words mean [other than Google]. :iagree:

[BTW, don’t listen to Di. She’s not an old bag. :wink: :bigsmile:]

i like IMNSHO

One of my favourite slang words: Pillock :bigsmile: (thanks to Di for the Urban Dictionary link :flower: )

Back on topic, it may sound strange but I’ve been asked about ROTFL and ROTFLMAO a few times. :slight_smile:

[B]Drage’s dictionary[/B]

Acronym (noun):

1. Method by which the writer can gain fractions of a second in typing at the same time that an unknown number of readers must spend minutes searching for meaning of said acronym.

2. Method by which the writer can encrypt his message in such a way that only people belonging to the same virtual tribe will be able to fully understand the message.

3. Annoying communication construct that can be dealt with by having the writer for dinner with appropriate amounts of ketchup.

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2042888]
3. Annoying communication construct that can be dealt with by having the writer for dinner with appropriate amounts of ketchup.[/QUOTE]

I’d say that applied more to text (or SMS) talk :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=Arachne;2042890]I’d say that applied more to text (or SMS) talk :p[/quote] It applies to both. :iagree: :wink:

Even my mother who is 70-something is doing it…

I gave her a bit of a scolding…:cop:

[quote=Albert;2042844]

[BTW, don’t listen to Di. She’s not an old bag. :wink: :bigsmile:][/quote]

So that only leaves the idiot :bigsmile: :stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=diane7;2044000]So that only leaves the idiot :bigsmile: :p[/QUOTE]

LOL! I have GOT to see Albert talk his way out of this one :bigsmile:

[quote=deanimator;2042900]Even my mother who is 70-something is doing it…

I gave her a bit of a scolding…:cop:[/quote]

Lol. :bigsmile:

OMG U did not dean!!

Well, then, you want me to talk my way out of this?

Look at Di’s track record. Anyone can see she’s clearly a very clever, intelligent young lady. Not an idiotic moment following her at all. Which is pretty dang good, considering she’s only human. :iagree: :flower:

Besidesk, woudln’t it require an idiot, aka wouldn’t I have to be an idiot, to know an idiot if he [I] saw one? And I’d obviously never call myself an idiot, correct? Well, then, if I can’t call myself an idiot [even if I act like it], what kind of room would I have to call someone else an idiot? To call someone a name would be to call yourself that name. And that definitely ain’t happening. :disagree:

…and THAT’S how you talk your way out of it. :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=Albert;2044466]Well, then, you want me to talk my way out of this?

Look at Di’s track record. Anyone can see she’s clearly a very clever, intelligent young lady. Not an idiotic moment following her at all. Which is pretty dang good, considering she’s only human. :iagree: :flower:

Besidesk, woudln’t it require an idiot, aka wouldn’t I have to be an idiot, to know an idiot if he [I] saw one? And I’d obviously never call myself an idiot, correct? Well, then, if I can’t call myself an idiot [even if I act like it], what kind of room would I have to call someone else an idiot? To call someone a name would be to call yourself that name. And that definitely ain’t happening. :disagree:

…and THAT’S how you talk your way out of it. :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

Wow, that was good. :eek: :bigsmile:

Made a number of typos, but I was on a roll. :wink:

[B]:flower: Albert is soooooooooo Sweet:flower:[/B]

Albert, you silver-tongued devil!
Ever thought of a career in politics?
LMAO…