I hate Auto-Tune songs

vbimport

Maybe i’m getting old, but i’m getting more and more annoyed by Auto-Tune.

Auto-Tune is an audio processor and uses a phase vocoder to correct pitch in vocal and instrumental performances. It is used to disguise off-key inaccuracies and mistakes, and has allowed singers to perform perfectly tuned vocal tracks without needing to sing in tune.

I don’t hate singing, i don’t hate any other rythms, but i can’t shake the feeling that Auto-Tune is very much abused these days by people who actually can’t sing that good.

Auto-Tune might make you sing perfectly, but it also gives that strange weird electronic voice. I don’t mind that on some songs, but it seems that all the charts are currently overrun by those teenage transformers.

I’m really into techno, and that’s about it …

J/k :wink:

I think it helps when auto- tune is used when music is recorded and the band tries to play with a lot of volume and over powers the singer.And in trying to record the artist they will turn the volume down on the band and up the volume on the artist so they can be heard.But I do think they can cover up a lot of mistakes and maybe benefit the artist favorably.

You are old. The ‘Envelope Follower’ preceded ‘Auto Tune’ and made such mediocre violin players as Papa John Creach and Scarlet Riviera seem good by filtering out any non-harmonic overtones of their playing…

I wasn’t aware the new performers were using Auto-Tune . It must not work because they still sound like they can’t sing to me. If it is working they must really sound bad without it.

[QUOTE=cholla;2581936]I wasn’t aware the new performers were using Auto-Tune . It must not work because they still sound like they can’t sing to me. If it is working they must really sound bad without it.[/QUOTE] This is the option I’m voting for! :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2582554]This is the option I’m voting for! :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

Me too :bigsmile:

^me too.

[QUOTE=cholla;2581936]I wasn’t aware the new performers were using Auto-Tune . It must not work because they still sound like they can’t sing to me. If it is working they must really sound bad without it.[/QUOTE]
If they sound like a Transformer in his teenage years, you can be pretty sure there is some auto-tuning going on. :slight_smile:

Here’s a real good example…

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2582628]Here’s a real good example…[/QUOTE]

WTF is that :Z

[QUOTE=vroom;2582629]WTF is that :Z[/QUOTE]

An example of someone who really sounds bad even [I]with[/I] Auto-Tune…:eek:

Auto Tune has been around for years, Cher was the first to use it that I can recall, if it’s used as an effect (sparingly) its ok, but you get songs that overkills it.
It’s a tool, I use it as an effect on the guitar sometimes, but not to correct tuning, if a note isn’t played properly, i redo it. One can do that with multi-track recording until its perfect anyway. :stuck_out_tongue:

Auto Tune is basically an adaptation of the Vocoder which was developed for music purposes by Robert Moog in 1968 and has been used extensively ever since.

Like anything it depends on how well it’s used and there are some of my favourite artists that used the Vocoder to great effect.

The Electric Light Orchestra for example with a string of classic hits such as, Mr Blue Sky, Telephone Line, Confusion, The Diary of Horace Wimp, Wild West Hero, Shine a Little Love… etc etc.

[B]Wombler[/B]