I got a backup of War3 to work, now what

vbimport

Ok, it would be amazing if someone could help me.

I need to make a backup CD of W3.

I am a total newbie.

I got CloneCD(which doesn't work, it has some error that I've mentioned before) so then I got FantomCD.

I got Daemon Tools.

What specific steps do I take to make a working backup copy of Warcraft 3?

Thanks.

Also, I have tried many things and none of them work. Mounting the image is susposed to work but the same thing happens(does not detect CD rom, etc)

First of all, I’m a total newbie(never burned before)

Alright, I got an image file of Warcraft 3 on the harddrive and used Daemon tools to mount it and found it that it ran without the original CD*. What do I do next?

Do I do a)put a mounted image onto the CD-R(also, how do I do this, I can’t figure it out) so that I it will run from the CD-R in drive or b) put a regular image onto the CD-R, and then if I needed to use the backup copy mount THAT image and use it from the harddrive.

Thank you.

*Also, War3 run from the harddrive is quite slow. Is this a problem with my harddrive or the image I copied?

Originally posted by Peare
[B]First of all, I’m a total newbie(never burned before)

Alright, I got an image file of Warcraft 3 on the harddrive and used Daemon tools to mount it and found it that it ran without the original CD*. What do I do next?

Do I do a)put a mounted image onto the CD-R(also, how do I do this, I can’t figure it out) so that I it will run from the CD-R in drive or b) put a regular image onto the CD-R, and then if I needed to use the backup copy mount THAT image and use it from the harddrive.

Thank you.

*Also, War3 run from the harddrive is quite slow. Is this a problem with my harddrive or the image I copied? [/B]

First, when you ran WCIII using daemon tools, did you do so with or without securerom emulation?

If you didn’t need securerom emulation then your image is good and you should be able to burn it with clonecd to create a back-up that will work from your ordinary cd/dvd rom if you have one.

Second, what are your system specs? O/s, processor, cdrw, cd/dvd rom, if any, etc.

Third, if the game runs slowly from your hard drive using dt, it probably means that either your processor or, more likely, your graphics card doesn’t have enough grunt to run the game smoothly. Running it from a cd/dvd drive from a working back-up isn’t going to speed it up.

Not much info to go on but here are some things to check------
>check ide and power connectors
>check jumper on cdrw for correct master/slave setting
>enable dma for all drives
>check aspi for correct installation
>un-install and re-install latest version CloneCD,there is no good reason why it shouldn’t work if your cdrw is installed properly and it is supported
>many good posts on settings needed for this game on forum=search

Originally posted by philamber
[B]
First, when you ran WCIII using daemon tools, did you do so with or without securerom emulation?

If you didn’t need securerom emulation then your image is good and you should be able to burn it with clonecd to create a back-up that will work from your ordinary cd/dvd rom if you have one.

Second, what are your system specs? O/s, processor, cdrw, cd/dvd rom, if any, etc.

Third, if the game runs slowly from your hard drive using dt, it probably means that either your processor or, more likely, your graphics card doesn’t have enough grunt to run the game smoothly. Running it from a cd/dvd drive from a working back-up isn’t going to speed it up. [/B]

Ok, remember I am new to this. I had all the emulations checked ON, is this good or bad? Second, I mounted the image, and then it worked(slowly though). How do I get this working image onto a CD? Can I run any burning program and just copy the “cd” from the “fake” Daemon drive to the CD in my writer, will that work? Or is there something else. And does the writer matter?

Also for CloneCD, I get an error. Always, no matter what variables I played with. Always at 3% of writing too:

“Writing to CD failed, Unit Attention: Power On, Reset, Or Bus Device Reset Occured(6:0x29:0x0:02)”

My operating system is Windows ME(I know it sucks, I’m just to lazy to change it).
Processor is pentium 4, 1.5ghrz.
CD-RW is Iomega ZipCD 650

And BTW, Warcraft 3 works perfect from the regular CD. It only screws up on the burned copy to the hard drive.

Thank you very much.

Ok, it doesn’t work unless the emulations is checked ON.

I guess I need to make my problem simple. If Warcraft 3 is working burned to the harddrive how come it isn’t working when it’s burned to a CD?

Thank you.

And I’m not sure how to work Daemon Tools. Do you just turn it on and everything will work right if you proceed like normal copying. Or do you mount an image to Daemon Tools and then burn from the Daemon Tools “fake” drive?

Originally posted by Peare
[B]Ok, it doesn’t work unless the emulations is checked ON.

I guess I need to make my problem simple. If Warcraft 3 is working burned to the harddrive how come it isn’t working when it’s burned to a CD?
[/B]

If it only works with daemon tools with emulation ON, it isn’t a good raw image and cannot be used to make a working back-up if burnt to a cdr.

What did you use to make the image? If you used your zip cdrw, then, as I said in answer to another of your posts, I don’t think it’s possible for you to have made a good image. Do you have another cd/dvd rom which you could use to make an image?

Nope. So my CD-RW is the problem? That sucks… So there is no way to create a backup of Warcraft 3 with my CD-RW?

Oh well, thanks.

Since the Iomega zipcd 650 can’t read subcodes (I’ve now checked this), it’s not possible for you to copy WCIII successfully without another reader. Sorry.