I go to play the cd, it says the cd is empty

I have a Dell Inspiron Laptop. The DVD/CD program that came installed is the Sonic Digital Media LE v7. I have had this for about 6 months or so…it has worked perfectly until now. I went to burn a cd today and it appears to do it. It goes through all the motions, even says complete. When I go to play the cd, it says the cd is empty …should I try to reinstall the program (I dont even know if it came with the restore discs or not) or can someone help?? Thanks alot.
Lenny :sad:

please email me at *. (email address removed by imkidd57)

I would sugest you remove your email while you can still edit (30 minutes). there is no telling what people will do with your email address. I have about 10,000 unread emails in my main yahoo acount (I’m not kidding, its takeing half my 1 gig limit). People can pm you here and if I am not mistaken, you wil get emailed when you get pm’ed if you set it that way (could be wrong, never set it that way).

First, Ripit is correct.

Second, I would check and see if it’s set to finalize the disc, then I would check and see if Sonic DLA is installed (control panel/add-remove programs). If it is, I would remove it.

On a side note (the reason I actually wanted to post about)…
I’m sorry but I dont know much about copying music (I don’t ever do it). I helped someone at work get and install a benq 1655 (good drive) and he is having similar problems (disk do not show up or show empty). After some thought, I though copy protection (sony root kit etc). I could be way off so listen to answers from people that know about copying music, but if you dont know what root kit is, google it and find the remover.

disreguard that messasge (I shjould be banned…

ripit, you just got banned. /joke. :bigsmile: :smiley:

@LPB39, sorry if my post doesn’t add anything to your problem. :sad:

Wait, you should reconsider, just one more rum and …