I get the pop up, The maximum number of secrets that may be stored in a single system has been exceeded. Can any one help?

vbimport

I’ve been getting muzik using firefox for a bit now and listening to them on Itunes. (if its any album i unzip it with the program jZIP) Now when my Computer boots ups, (popup_right away) The maximum number of secrets that may be stored in a single system has been exceeded. Can any one help?:confused:

I doubt its my adobe suite premiere that is causing the prob…

Hi and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

A single post is sufficient, there is no need to hijack old threads :wink:

Just to clarify: the previous question was posted in a thread related with DVD Shrink, and now you are mentioning itunes and firefox… What software give you that error message?

I think you need to run a virus scan pronto.

[QUOTE=Whappo;2590631]I think you need to run a virus scan pronto.[/QUOTE]
Lol, true :slight_smile:

It is probably a virus/trojan etc problem I am afraid, you need a thorough scan with a decent antivirus, although I doubt it will automatically fix the problem.

The maximum number of secrets that may be stored in a single system has been exceeded
That message is not only a first for me, but is actually funny too (no pun intended) :stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=Hemispasm;2590634]Lol, true :slight_smile:
It is probably a virus/trojan etc problem I am afraid, you need a thorough scan with a decent antivirus, although I doubt it will automatically fix the problem.[/QUOTE]

well im running that AVG scan now…

its just firefox/internet

Cuz those the only programs the pop up shows up for

Found this:

[QUOTE=RichMan;2590651]Found this:

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=9862[/QUOTE]Well if it is a rootkit things will get worse before they get better for degenhardtke, although AVG was reported to partially work in that thread.

It would be nice to identify the culprit though, since the problem is repeatable.

So i ran AVG roofkit, and it looks like that took care of the issue as of now!

I will restart my computer later and let everyone if it is fully fixed.

Thanks so much for the help everyone!!!

"The only way to clean a compromised system is to flatten and rebuild."
Jesper M. Johansson, Ph.D., CISSP, MCSE, MCP+I

Security Program Manager
Microsoft Corporation
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc512587.aspx

'nuff said.

ya turned on computer 2day and having the same issues…

its still happening to firefox, but also i seen pop ups for, Explorer(non-Internet) and something like ‘wualt’?

i got no clue what to do now…

Seems as if your computer is no longer controlled by you. :rolleyes:

Michael

wuauclt.exe is the windows automatic update client but it is also how many trojans and viruses mask themselves. Be careful what you click on as you surf the net.

Disconnect the pc from every network and the internet.
Backup your data to a safe usb stick location
Remove usb stick
Destroy all data on the machine.
Reinitialize machine with the supplied operating system
Download very good virusscanner
Turn off autorun on usb drives
Plug in your usb drive and scan each and every file multiple times for viruses.
Copy all clean data from usb drive to machine.

ok, the maximum number of secrets is a VIRUS!!! it has nothing to do with your software, it disables your antivirus and a bunch of other ugly things, here is a link on how to fix it, http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35407 , it is a MAJOR threat and is hard to get rid of, good luck!