I get damaged dvd rw\'s after the second rewrite on my ND-3520AW

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the NEC ND-3520A. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Almost all dvd-rw disks I use get damaged after the second and sometimes after a few more rewrites. Not entirely but slight transparent stripes or spores get on the disk like water has been sling to the sides of the disk. Those areas are unreadable and after one burn I can thro the dvd-rw away because it gets these errors allot. Is my dvd burner ready for the trash bin or did I get a bad badge of disks. The first 10 where Philips and the second 10 are Kruidvat disks. Is there a way to find out if the burner is beond repair?

Are you using these DVD-RW for burning movies? If yes, do you have a DVD carousel player without a front loading tray? If yes, this might be the cause of your failed disks; my DVD carousel grabs and pulls in the DVDs scratching the DVD-RWs thus making them unusable after two or three viewings. Try burning only data to your DVD-RWs, and burn all movies to DVD-R disks to see if the burner is still OK…

Try a full erase using Nero/