I Found Taiyo Yuden In South Oz

yes it is true! found em at bigW in adelaide. $ 14.88-10 pack (Edit: sold as 700mb sony colour mix):wink:

ATIP info from disk - Read by Feurio 1.65
Recorder: RICOH - CD-R/RW MP7200A
ATIP start of lead in: -02:35:74 (sector: -11699)
ATIP start of lead out: 79:59:73 (sector: 359998)
Manufacturer code: 97 24 01 - Taiyo Yuden Company Limited (Type: 1)
Reference speed: -
Minimum recording speed: -
Maximum recording speed: -
Unrestriced use: No
Disc type: Not Rewriteable
Disc subtype: Medium Type A, high Beta category (A+)
Target writing power: 4
Power multiplication factor:-
Target y value: -
Erase/writer power ratio: -

For the first time EVER i have taiyo yuden!!

wat brand are those TY??? i hope BigW in Melb also stock them

oh crap how silly of me. they are branded as Sony colour mix. look for “made in japan” on the side of the pack just to be 100% sure. :bigsmile:

Hi,

They are roughly double the TDK/Sony/Verbatim media that I buy on a spindle of 50. Are they worth paying this much for?

Has anyone found these on a spindle of 50 here in South Oz?

Originally posted by Serpeant
[B]Hi,

They are roughly double the TDK/Sony/Verbatim media that I buy on a spindle of 50. Are they worth paying this much for?

Has anyone found these on a spindle of 50 here in South Oz? [/B]

they probably arent worth the extra dough if those other brands already work perfectly. the TY comes in jewel cases so thats probably one of the resons why it costs more.

sorry but i havent found any spindles of TY. if i do then i will certainly make another post to inform everybody. :smiley:

One more thing, Big W aslo has vebatim vinyl cdrs selling for $13.78 for a 10 pack. they come in proper jewel cases and work brilliantly. They are the old metal azo though, so many new writers might not like em. my 20x ricoh loves them and produces excellent results:bigsmile:

If you have JB Hifi in SA, you may be able to get those Verbatim Vinyl CD-R’s @ A$11.99 per 10-pack, or standard 48x Super AZO’s for A$10.50 per 10-pack, both in standard jewel cases.

TerminalVeloCD

Without getting CDRIdentyfier to identify the CDR, is the only way to tell if a CD is from TY is if it is made in Japan? Arent there any other non-TY manufactuers of CDRs in Japan?

Originally posted by Serpeant
Without getting CDRIdentyfier to identify the CDR, is the only way to tell if a CD is from TY is if it is made in Japan? Arent there any other non-TY manufactuers of CDRs in Japan?

nope. im quite sure that TY is the only cdrs currently being made in japan. so anything that says “made in japan” is likely to be TY.

I bought some of these discs yesterday in Canberra - thanks for the heads up CD Pirate!

Unfortunately the results haven’t been as good as I was hoping for. With my Liteon 40125S I get quite poor results (as reported with WSES) until I drop the burn speed all the way down to 12x. (they’re rated as 1x-32x)

Admittedly at 12x the results are excellent, but even at 16x these discs aren’t working well in my burner. I’ve never used TY discs before, so I don’t know if this is typical.

Has anyone done any serious tests with these discs? I’d love to hear some feedback from others.