I.E. shuts down often

vbimport

I am starting to get a lot of “Internet Explorer has stopped working” messages. I have hardly any add-ons. Any ideas? Thanks in advance

It could be something else conflicting with IE but for starters I’d suggest uninstalling and reinstalling it.

Make sure you either download the IE installation files before you remove it or have access to another browser to download the files while it’s removed.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=durkinjt;2616971]I am starting to get a lot of “Internet Explorer has stopped working” messages. I have hardly any add-ons. Any ideas? Thanks in advance[/QUOTE]

Could you identify which version your using of IE and O/S?

[QUOTE=durkinjt;2616971]I am starting to get a lot of “Internet Explorer has stopped working” messages. I have hardly any add-ons. Any ideas? Thanks in advance[/QUOTE]
Where did you buy your OS from? Are you sure its not MS security shutting it down for having a unregistered copy oof Windows? Did you buy your OS on Ebay?:flower:

Reset IE to defaults in Tools—> internet options —> Advanced----->Reset.

if it continues check if you have some kind of malware in youre OS.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2616994]Where did you buy your OS from? Are you sure its not MS security shutting it down for having a unregistered copy oof Windows? Did you buy your OS on Ebay?:flower:[/QUOTE]
No, Tiger Direct. It shows its authentic on Device Manager. It IE 9, Win 7 Home Prfessional.Thanks for the reply

[QUOTE=durkinjt;2617052]No, Tiger Direct. It shows its authentic on Device Manager. It IE 9, Win 7 Home Prfessional.Thanks for the reply[/QUOTE]

I had to send mine to M$ since I bought it they told me my O/S got blacklisted even though I legally bought it through Newegg and I have to fill out forms and send to M$ to get a valid replacement. So even a legally bought O/S can get blacklisted. :confused:

Forgot to add did you uninstall IE9 and clear all IE9 registry and rebooted and then reinstall IE9 to see if the problem came back???