I dont get it, how does CD speed work

I’m doing that Quality Check and I get lots of yellow lines. Well I thought those are the areas with error but I’m not quite sure anymore. I’ve run the test with 3 original CDs that have no scratches and I get a lot of those yellow lines. What does this means

umm… are you referring to Nero CD Speed???

***If so this question would be better put into the general burning software forums.

Originally posted by MrPolite
I’m doing that Quality Check and I get lots of yellow lines. Well I thought those are the areas with error but I’m not quite sure anymore. I’ve run the test with 3 original CDs that have no scratches and I get a lot of those yellow lines. What does this means

im not sure but i believe yellow dots indicate a damaged sector in that needs error-correction - its still readable -, red dots mean damaged sector which remains unreadable even after error correction is applied. Green is ofcourse undamaged and in no need of error correction

greetz

sorry for posting in the wrong section…
hmm so you can “apply” error correction to a burned CD? how does that error correction thing work?

MrPolite: the discs that you are trying to read, are thos copy protected? If so, that could expain the huge number of yellow lines. If not, there’s probably something wrong with your software (update Nero CD speed and chipset drivers) or with your hardware (e.g. filthy lens).

How this error correction works? Simply said, in every sector of the disk, there’s a small amount of parity data, giving the reader a chance to correct some errors by usering the parity data.

Originally posted by Dee-ehn
MrPolite: the discs that you are trying to read, are thos copy protected? If so, that could expain the huge number of yellow lines…

dee-ehn I think you’re mixing up a few things. Yellow dots would make an-easy-to-bypass copy protection as since every burner can copy “damaged” sectors. Red sectors arent copyable by every drive because they are unreadable and that would make a nice copy protection. correct me if im wrong…

So i dont think we’re dealing with a copy protection here…

greetz

have you placed a safedisc version 1 cd in, and done a cdspeed test with it?

No, but safedisc 1 is an inferior copy protection (always been though). SD2 is more of a challenge