I can't write files to a disk

I have had dvd fab 5 for a few months now and i haven’t had any problems with it. Recently I have been trying to back up some of my dvd’s. It copies the files fine but when I put in a blank disk to write the files it tells me that I need to insert compatable media to start the write process. I have tried 3 different kinds of disks including sony, memorex and maxell but none of them are working. Can anyone suggest a fix for this problem?

Are you using DVD-5(Single Layer) or DVD-9(Double Layer) ?
If you are using the Clone mode you will need DVD-9 discs :slight_smile:

Is the orginal DVD5 or DVD9

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2202184]Are you using DVD-5(Single Layer) or DVD-9(Double Layer) ?
If you are using the Clone mode you will need DVD9 discs :)[/QUOTE]LOL beat me to it.

With one eye and typing with two fingers, I’m shocked I that I did :eek: :cool:

I am using a dvd 5

Which DVDFab product are you using Gold or Platinum ? and what mode is being used ?

I am using the platinum and I use the full disk if that is what you mean by the mode. If not I need to know how to find out what mode I am using. Sorry I am a beginner at this.

If you are using Platinum and doing a backup using the Full disc mode and also using a single layer disc, look at the very bottom of the screen and make sure that DVD-5 is selected in the small dropdown window.

Yes the dvd 5 is selected on the drop down

Have you checked the status of the firmware for you drive/burner to make sure it is up to date ?
also may sound silly but the files that you are trying to burn are they video files or data ? and what size are they ?

How do I check to see if the firmware is up to date?

When you open DVDFab and select your drive/burner in the dropdown window it shows the firmware of the drive, (last set of numbers) you may do a search for your drive in google or the manufactures website