I can't watch my VCD

Finally I burnt a DVD movie to a CDR… thank you guys!
Everything is ok. when I tried to watch on the computer that burn CDR, it works perfectly. But when I tried on my laptop, it doesn’t work. First I tried with DVDmetics player, the program is totally frozen. So I installed the Power DVD which worked on the other computer. But… but… It is frozen too!
What will be a problem?
did I burn it with too much fast speed? (I burnt with x32)
Or Is the dvd-rom drive on laptop not compatible with VCD?
Help me!!

ps> I burnt it with DVD-dup… it’s very easy.

Have you tried playing the VCD on a standalone DVD player? (VCD & CDR/RW compatible of course).
Personally I tend to burn VCD’s at a lower speed,(depends on your burner as to your minimum speed), though it seems to be a debated point about if it makes a difference or not.

I tried other computers.
All computer can play the VCD I just burned.
I don’t know why my laptop can’t play it.
I modified the firmware of my DVD drive to make it region free.
Because of that? I can watch DVD with my laptop, but I can’t watch VCD… Isn’t it weird?

Originally posted by H.K. Phooey
Have you tried playing the VCD on a standalone DVD player? (VCD & CDR/RW compatible of course).
Personally I tend to burn VCD’s at a lower speed,(depends on your burner as to your minimum speed), though it seems to be a debated point about if it makes a difference or not.

burning speed doesn’t matter. as you said, it is a point of debate.

no probs for me burning VCDs @ 48x.

try playing the VCD from WMP.

For some reason, panasonic drives don’t seem to read mode 2 cd’s very well.

I have yet to find a single reason for this.

Unfortunately panny drives are used extensivly in laptops :frowning:

The best u can do is to to actually extract the Mpeg off the cd onto the HD, then watch the mpeg :frowning:

I finally got the problem.
that wasn’t my burning option’s problem.
that wasn’t my comuter’s problem.
It was the CDR that I burned… I burned another movie with other company’s CDR, then every thing is okay. I can watch movie on my laptop, my standalone DVD player… everything is cool!
Thank you guys.