I cant upgrade to platinum ,having problems with gold

vbimport

I tried to upgrade to platinum but said my user name and password were wrong.emailed company they sent me a link,still didnt work.I have the original email from company so I know I am using the right one…So I am fighting with gold still…the newest version 3.0.8.6 gets to the last 33% of the burn and freezes.

Did you click on the link or c&p. If you are updgrading make sure that you have the trial version installed before trying to activate. Also the key may be an attachment so make sure your email processer acepts attachments. There may have been another email sent that was filitered out to your spam box. I seem to remember that when I purchased there were about 3 emails sent. If key appears as text c&p it because it is real long.

Mack

Did you purchase the upgrade :confused:
or are you trying to use your key for the Gold :confused:
If you are having trouble with Gold freezing try making changes in common setting to see if it helps
PLEASE make these changes in common settings
Write Speed…4x or 8x (I use 4x)
Write Type of DVD-R Media…SAO Writing
DVD Writable Media (DVD-5) Size…4464 (use customize in drop down )
Set Booktype to DVD-ROM…(put a check in the small box)

wouldnt let me purchase the upgrade,i needed my user name and password,i know i am using the right one,but they say no…I have the original email from them still.I have alot of problems with the gold version,had none with platinum trial.I probably have spent 20 hours on this forum trying to figure out most of my problems…I am new to pc and most of stuff is way over my head…I tried a registry cleaner and wiped out my pc.That is why i purchased gold ,was very easy to use…

what website did you purchase from and when did you purchase DVDFab Gold

i tried the same link in email and this time was different and let me in…Sorry about wasting your time ,I didnt realize when you upgrade that the settings changed. thanks for your help

Hello alliejohn
You are not wasting mine or anyone elses time that is what this forum is for, to help each other when we can :bigsmile:
Do you still have a problem or is your issue fixed :confused:

all is fine for now(fingers crossed).I have another question though,I have gold is it possible to copy 2 movies (1/2 hr each) to a folder and then burn them on 1 disc.I have tried but with no sucess

You may be able to do it with DVD Shrink, load the first movie and then use the Re-Author mode and drag the title 1 from the right side to the left side the use the “SET START/END FRAMES” button to adjust to the point in the movie you want to use then save to your computer and do the same for the second movie after you have them on your computer.
REOPEN DVD Shrink and open the first movie title and use the Re-Author mode again and use the browser to load the second movie title and use ImgeBurn

Hope this helps