I can't play my backup's of SecuROM *NEW*

vbimport

I can't play my backup's of Star Wars - Knights of the Old Republic and Worms 3D in my computer, but they works fine in my dads.

These are the burning apps I have installed.
BlindWrite 5.0.2.113
CloneCD 4.3.1.6
Alcohol 120% 1.4.6 (Build 711)
Nero 6.0.0.19

Burned in a LTR-52246S

I have no virtual disk's activated and it still doesn't work. I have even tried to unistalled all the apps and reinstalled them. First I only had BlindWrite 5 installed but that didn't work neither. I have tried to install Autoplay Stand-alone but that did not work.
I can't understand what's wrong.

I have the nVidia IDE drivers if that could have anything to do about it.

Windows XP Pro (all updates)
Abit NF7-S
ATi 9800Pro

TIA :slight_smile:

In what drive are you trying to play the games?

You could try a backup with Alcohol120, and Turn RMPS on in the emulation preferences. They should work then. There is naturally no garantee though. It depends on the CDrom/DVDrom drive that you try to run the game on.

I’m trying to run the games in my LTR-52246S which has worked before. I’m getting a LTR-811S tomorrow or early next week, will try to see if they work in that one. But I don’t think the problem is the drive. It reads just about everything, plus that it burned the discs itself. Problem is only with SecuROM NEW games. I have no problem with games using Safedisc, like LOTR - The Return of the King.

Have you made an image with CloneCd, made or downloaded a BWA file, patched it with twinpeak and burnt it?

From what I read in the forum about this game, It has been copied with Clonecd and Twinpeaks by Futureproof…but also did not work in all drives. The exact version of the game seems to be encrypted, and could even be above 4.85. For this reason, Alcohol might not work for you.

If you do get a working copy, regardless of the metihod, I would suggest that you dont apply the patch for the game, as this shoots the protection to Securom V5, and your copy will probably stop working.

Hope this was helpful

Kid185:D

The images files were made in BlindWrite (that’s why I posted it here) but that’s not really intresting. What’s instresting is that the copies works in my dads computer and not in mine.
When I try to start the games in mine all that happens is that the CD starts spinning like crazy for about 30s and then stop. Nothing more. I guess something is blacklisted but I don’t know what.
Anyway, I will go and pickup my new LTR-811S now. Will see if it works with that one. I let you know.

Just as I expected, it didn’t work in the LTR-811S neither. :frowning:

Do you have the original Nforce IDE drivers installed, or did you upgrade to 3.13 driver?

It probably doesnt have anything to do with it. I had problems with some software recognizing my burner and DVD rom drive after installing 3.13, and after reverting back to the original the problems were gone. It could have been my fault, though. Maybe I didnt get a clean deinstall of the old drivers before I installed the new ones, or something like that. I havent delved into the problem further since then.

I have noticed that different protection schemes dont seem to work on different systems (with different chipsets) even if you swap a working DVDrom drive into a PC where you havent been able to run the copy.

Have you tried installing your fathers DVD/CD rom drive into your computer, to see if it works that way?

At least you could narrow down the problem a little more.

Yes I use the NVIDIA 3.13 IDE drivers.

I haven’t tried my dads burners in my computer, but honestly I feel that the problrm is elsewhere. Will try and reinstall Windows to see if that helps. It probably won’t work either. Which means that I will have to use the original discs. :stuck_out_tongue:

I hate these kinds of problems. :Z

Just for my own info…have you tried using cloney with the 3.13 drivers installed?

If you would try it out, and let me know if your drives are properly recognized, I would appreciate it. Mine were not. All attempts to run Cloney failed, as the drive names were all garbled, resulting in my dumping the new driver. I would like to know if I just didnt get it installed right, or if it really causes problems with cloney.

Although I found this in the Plextor Firmware section I am wondering if it may not apply to you guys? Possible? It says it applies to the 708A, but maybe it could be more? Something to look at.

I tried unistall BlindWrite 5 and installed the stand alone Autoplay instead. Now suddenly Worms 3D works but Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic still doesn’t.
Which makes me a little confused. :confused:

Will try and unistall Star Wars and install it from the beginning to see if that works. :slight_smile:

I think some garbage from BlindWrite 4 or something interferes.

Yes the drivers works great in CloneCD. No problem there.

but do the drivers work with cloneyxxl? this is where I had problems

I had problems earlier with registry trash left over from too many tries with too many versions of BW. I had to uninstall all VSO products, and then after a reboot, clean the remaining references to Autoplay, and BW out of the registry. Until I did this, none of my copies of Securom 4.x were working…not even the ones that had worked before. After the cleanup, all of them worked again that had worked before. There could still be something there that is giving problems for you…but if Worms work, maybe not.

Originally posted by kid185
I had problems earlier with registry trash left over from too many tries with too many versions of BW. I had to uninstall all VSO products, and then after a reboot, clean the remaining references to Autoplay, and BW out of the registry. Until I did this, none of my copies of Securom 4.x were working…not even the ones that had worked before. After the cleanup, all of them worked again that had worked before. There could still be something there that is giving problems for you…but if Worms work, maybe not.
Actually I think this is the problem. After I got Worms 3D working I tried to reinstall the burning app again…and of course Worms 3D didn’t work anymore. And now I can’t make it working again neither. I will clean the registry tomorrow. I’m pretty sure that would do the trick.

Originally posted by kid185
but do the drivers work with cloneyxxl? this is where I had problems
Yes they seem to work with ClonyXXL 2.0.0.6. ClonyXXL says that Worms 3D CD1 is protected with SecuROM NEW which it should be. :slight_smile:

just because i have same board as you, Svantesson666, the abit nf7-s:
i am the nforce 3.13 drivers for a long time, but i made the mistake only once to install the “accelerated sw/ide-controller driver”… when i did that months ago nothing was working any more… alcohol didn’t find my drives, blindwrite just created´sh*t and none of my backups worked (securom / safedisc …) - even clony didn’t recognize my drives…
then i uninstalled the nforce drivers and installed them new without the ide-driver - and what shall i say: the 3.13 drivers work perfectly for me till now, no problems - everything works, and there is no performance difference between the hard-drive with or without the “accelerated drivers”…
so, i guess the first step should be to un-/ and then re-install the nforce drivers (or better windows… :wink: ) THIS TIME WITHOUT the ide-drivers…
and: one of my friends had problems playing backups when clonecd installed… even the uninstall didn’t help, he had to completely remove EVERYTHING about this program from his computer… which, in the end, lead to a windows-re-install… :wink:
greetz,
Raz

i am the nforce 3.13 drivers for a long time, but i made the mistake only once to install the “accelerated sw/ide-controller driver”…

I dont think he has the accelerated sw IDE drivers installed. I tried even with new install to get them to work, and you are right…nothing works. Cloney wont even start…shows garbled drive Names in the drive ID setup. If he had the SW IDE drivers installed he would probably have the same problems as we had. I sure wish Nvidia would get that driver problem sorted out. the old drivers use up to 25% of your CPU…The new ones only about 2 to 3%. At least that is what PCGames Hardware magazine explained about the new IDE Drivers and why they were brought out. Other than CPU usage, there is no real difference between the old and the new. This doesnt help solve his problem, but might help him not to start screwing around with them to fix what might not be broken on his PC.

@ Svantesson666

Deinstall Blindwrite before you clean the registry. All versions.
Then do a search for Blindwrite, and also VSO to get rid of the entries. Especially look for Blindwriteautoplay folder and delete it out of the registry. After cleaning the registry, then you can reinstall. If you want to run BW4, be sure to install it first, and then install BW5. According to Lapinou you should be able to run either of them without problem. After I did this I was able to run my securom backups again.

I have now cleaned up in the registry. But right now I can’t install BlindWrite and try. But I will do that tomorrow and see if it works. Thanks for all the help pals. :slight_smile:

I use the original NVIDIA 3.13 IDE drivers. :slight_smile:

use the original NVIDIA 3.13 IDE drivers.

i wouldn’t use them… :wink:
if you read other threads about this you will find out that those nvidia ide-drivers cause trouble in 95% of all cases - as i said above, as i had installed them nothing worked…
games aborted loading saying nothin’ or things like “remove the debugger from memory, try again…” or just “insert original cd” - for example in the readme file of spellforce (securom) there is explicit said that the nvidia drivers cause trouble - spellforce would sometimes even NOT install (because of the cd-check while installation) on nforce driver chipsets… (update 1.02 fixes this for spellforce)…
so - just to be sure I would make a big “clean-up” and remove the nvidia driver completely, too, and then install them again, without the ide-driver - the windows-integrated nforce2 driver works great and fast…
greetz,
Raz