I can't get DVDFab to do anything... :/

vbimport

“DVDFab encounters a reading error which can be removed by using PathPlayer…

Would you like to restart DVDFab to enable PathPlayer for this DVD?”

Clicking Yes -> It sometimes starts a second copy of DVD Fab (it doesn’t close and restart). The first copy crashes.

When/if it does reload, it says:

“Error while reading! Please choose what to do?”

Click Retry, Abort, Ignore or Ignore All just causes the same dialog box to pop up.
After hitting “Ignore All” enough times, DVDFab will sometimes just hang, or will just copy at “0.0 KB/sec” forever.

I’ve tried Cloverfield and Saw IV so far (I still have ‘300’ in shrink wrap, so I may try that one next).

Is there just some weird copy protection that these movies are using that DVDFab Decrypter just doesn’t work with?
I can’t get it to copy the full disc, just the movie, etc.

DVDFab Decrypter 5.0.8.5
I’m using Windows Vista x64, and a “built in mid 2008” Pioneer DVD-Burner.

I use to have great luck with the program. :frowning:

Also, when trying to search, the search page just brings me right back to itself, without showing any results, so I have no idea if the issue with movies like Saw have been brought up before.

Those movies have been backup by me and other member, check to make sure there are no fingerprints and /or small scratches on the disc.
as far as the other issue I’m not sure you could try deleting the boot files for DVDFab which are located in the “Prefetch Folder”

[quote=Xenomorph.NET;2120906]“DVDFab encounters a reading error which can be removed by using PathPlayer…

Would you like to restart DVDFab to enable PathPlayer for this DVD?”

Clicking Yes -> It sometimes starts a second copy of DVD Fab (it doesn’t close and restart). The first copy crashes.

When/if it does reload, it says:

“Error while reading! Please choose what to do?”

Click Retry, Abort, Ignore or Ignore All just causes the same dialog box to pop up.
After hitting “Ignore All” enough times, DVDFab will sometimes just hang, or will just copy at “0.0 KB/sec” forever.

I’ve tried Cloverfield and Saw IV so far (I still have ‘300’ in shrink wrap, so I may try that one next).

Is there just some weird copy protection that these movies are using that DVDFab Decrypter just doesn’t work with?
I can’t get it to copy the full disc, just the movie, etc.

DVDFab Decrypter 5.0.8.5
I’m using Windows Vista x64, and a “built in mid 2008” Pioneer DVD-Burner.

I use to have great luck with the program. :frowning:

Also, when trying to search, the search page just brings me right back to itself, without showing any results, so I have no idea if the issue with movies like Saw have been brought up before.[/quote]
try with pathplayer always enabled. Also what are you trying to do: full disc, Main movie or a mobile option?

When I told it to always use PathPlayer, it seemed like it was scanning the disc on start non stop. I think it sat for 10 minutes and never read the disc. It would then pop up the “Error while reading! Please choose what to do?” error message.

I’ve tried Full Disc and Main Movie.

It read/copied two movies just fine recently (the new Little Mermaid movie, and something called “Bucket List” I believe), so I know the program does work for me.

My drive:
Pioneer DVR-115D, 1.18 (latest) RPC1 firmware.

I told it to “ignore all” read errors for Saw IV. It’s read about 2% of the disc in the past 33 Minutes.

Are there any other options I need to change with it??

The read errors may have put the drive in PIO transfer mode. Try clicking the Reset DMA button in Common Settings or at least check it. If your Pioneer has the “Quite Drive” feature, find a way to turn it off (it may have come with a utility to control it).

Well, I feel silly.
It wasn’t the program.

Turns out my new Pioneer DVR-115D is just a crap drive.

I started trying to read other discs - data CDs and DVDs. It would see some files, and nothing at all on a bunch of DVDs.
I thought something had trashed my install of Windows.

I installed XP real quick, and the drive was pulling the same crap there.

I got my old drive (another 20X, this one is a Samsung), and it read all the discs just fine. In fact, I popped Saw IV in and it copied it quickly and without any warnings or errors.

So I headed to Newegg and filled out an RMA form. I’m returning the Pioneer drive.

Hi Xeno,

I backed up Cloverfield and All 4 Saw movies with no problems. I also have Pioneer 115d drive from Newegg. Fine so far. You must have got a bad one. :sad:

yes Pioneers are great burners :), but crap readers :frowning: [the few times i do use it for reading it recognizes everything ive put in it]

i have a 115D and will only use it for burning. :slight_smile: with good results. :slight_smile:

for a good all around drive i suggest a Samsung SH-S203B. which may just happen to be your other drive. :slight_smile: or i think my next drive will be an Optiarc 7200 series. :slight_smile: or if you can catch a Benq 1620/40/50/55 new in box from ebay or other oline site :iagree:

I use my 115d for reading only…no problems.:clap:

Well, I’ve only burned discs with my Pioneer DVR-115D. No issues with burning, so I never thought anything of the read capabilities. It could be just that drive. However, the pain of spending hourse messing with it, re-installing Windows, dealing with an RMA, having to package it up and pay to ship it back, etc - I’m just going to get a drive from another company.

My Samsung drive is the SH-S202J, here:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827151161

After sending back the Pioneer, I think I will use this opportunity to get a SATA burner. I really hate IDE cables.

[QUOTE=Xenomorph.NET;2121834]Well, I’ve only burned discs with my Pioneer DVR-115D. No issues with burning, so I never thought anything of the read capabilities. It could be just that drive. However, the pain of spending hourse messing with it, re-installing Windows, dealing with an RMA, having to package it up and pay to ship it back, etc - I’m just going to get a drive from another company.

My Samsung drive is the SH-S202J, here:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827151161

After sending back the Pioneer, I think I will use this opportunity to get a SATA burner. I really hate IDE cables.[/QUOTE]
Nothing wrong with IDE cables as long as they are the 80 wire type :smiley:

All,

I have 2 dvd drives. One is on 80 wire IDE cable, the other on a 40 wire, both set to master. No problems. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m not talking about issues with IDE itself, it’s fine. I’m talking about the nasty giant IDE cables.

I want a SATA burning just for easier cable management.