I can't burn my .avi with sound!

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the LG GSA-2164D. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I have made this movie for school in windows movie maker,
but my Nero wont burn the file with sound, i only get picture.

I saved my movie as a .wmv, then i converted it to a (DivX) .avi, and then with Nero 6 Ultra edition Burning ROM i burnt it onto a CD as a vcd.
But my problem is, when i add the .avi in Nero Burning ROM, it takes away the sound and I only get picture!:doh:

Can someone please please help me, it’s really important.

cheers :slight_smile:

Hi Mandalf and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Do the wmv and/or avi files you used for conversion have audio in the first place? I mean, when you open them with media player let say; do they have audio?

When using WMM, I would save as DV-AVI instead of wmv ,as you’re losing quality by going from, original file > wmv>avi>Nero?..too many steps…
Save as avi and import in ner0…Take the wmv conversion out of the mix…

Had the same problem recently!

Its windows media player not the file!

Use VLC player instead…

Yeah the OP needs to post back,see what media player he/she is using and as Hemi asked,

"I mean, when you open them with media player let say; do they have audio?

[QUOTE=Hemispasm;2154279]Hi Mandalf and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Do the wmv and/or avi files you used for conversion have audio in the first place? I mean, when you open them with media player let say; do they have audio?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I checked the file just before I put it in Nero, but it just wont work!:frowning:

Save as avi and import in ner0…Take the wmv conversion out of the mix…

How do I save as anything else than .wmv? I haven’t found where to do it yet, that’s actually also why I came here :slight_smile:

cheers

[quote=Mandalf;2154537]Yes, I checked the file just before I put it in Nero, but it just wont work!:([/quote]Well i do not know whether it could be a codec problem or just nero failing for some reason. Why don’t you try doing it with another program? Use the trial version of convertxtodvd or any other software to see if the conversion is ok then.

How do I save as anything else than .wmv? I haven’t found where to do it yet, that’s actually also why I came here :slight_smile:

cheers