I Cant Burn Dvds No Matter What Program I Use

NO MATTER WHAT I DO I CANT BURN DVD’S WITH MY DVD BURNER.
here are the problems with each program:

DVD Shrink: it says “error 23 - no medium”… :confused: :confused:

Alcohol 120: it says that i have no disc in my drive or “not enough space for writing process” :confused:

DVD Decrypter: “I/O error” and it says “No Medium - Device not ready” :confused:

whattt isss a mediummm??? :frowning: :confused: :frowning: :confused:

Medium is the media, the disk you are trying to burn to. For some reason the drive/software is not recognising the disk. what kind of media are you using? Use dvd identifier to read the media manufactures information off the disk. The brand of the disk is not very helpfull as some brands use several diffrent oem’s for media.

I tried using the dvd identifier and it said hardware error. I think its my dvd burner thats not working properly… Ive never used it and i got it with my computerr… damnn futureshoppp

Sounds like it. Does the computer (or the burner) have a waranty?

Can you see the burner in the explorer window and In the device manager is your dvd drive listed?

btw) what model is your dvd drive?

I have a HP computer and my burner is a dvd/cd combo burner… It shows my burner in the device manager… i just dont know what the problem is… I DO have a warrenty … i dont know my burner model but my computer model is HP Paviliton 754n. I spent almost 3 grand on my computer system just a year ago and i expect it to work when i need itt… FUTURE SHOPP WILL BE HEARING FROM ME :a :a :a

3 year old hp, I think the burner is for +R(RW) only are you sure you are trying with +R(RW) media?

You sure it’s not a combo DVD reader/CD writer? If it is you need a DVD burner to proceed.

-Evan-

i have a 752n and my comp came with a cd-rom in the first slot and a cdwriter/dvdreader in the second slot so my first thought was that you had a smiliar setup since the model numbers were similar

upon doing some research on the hp site your burner is in fact a dvd+r/rw. please be sure you’re only using +r media. also, it says here the max write speeds for BOTH dvd+R and +RW are only 2.4x.

you should check to see what kind of burner you actually have (should be able to find out in the device manager. my brother’s more recent hp had a liteon burner) you shoudl check for firmware updates or whether you can crossflash the firmware to get better compatibility with media since if the max on your burner is 2.4x, you probably won’t be able to get any results even if you DO get the thing to recognize your media.

does the drive recognize cds? will it recognize a boot disk? if it doens’t recognise anything then it’s probably safe to say it’s a dead drive. you could try to get it replaced from hp and with any luck they’ll be out of that particular model and you’ll get a free upgrade since even if you do get your drive working, 2.4x is going to make video work a tedious process.

also, my 752n was only $1800 4 years ago. unless you got some serious upgrades to the standard the 3 grand figure on the 754n seems a little high for that model.

I WENT OUT AND BOUGHT SOME DVD+R’S AND IT FINALLY RECOGNIZED THE DISC…HOWEVER… WHEN I TRY TO BURN IT… IT JUST STAYS AT 0%… AND THEN AFTER ABOUT 20 MINS IT SAYS ERROR-CHECK LOG FOR ERRORS AND REPORT TO TECHNICAL SUPPORT :eek: :eek: :confused: :confused:

what program are you using to burn?

what does the error log say?

what speed are you burning at?

your dvd burner only supports up to 2.4x according to the hp site.

you also still haven’t told us what kind of burner you have. the model should be accessible from the device manager or in your burning program depending on what you’re using.

PROGRAM: Alcohol 120%

ERROR LOG SAYS: unable to recover Table-of-contents.

SPEED: 2.4x

I think my burner model is HP DVD Writer 200j (thats what it sed in the Device manager)

The part that i dont understand is why does it stay frozen at 0%… could it possibly be some settings that i have wrong? :confused:

Ive used every DVD burning program i can find… but have not been successfull

If you paid that much for it with only a Combo Drive,then you were MUGGED…
Go and buy a NEW DVDRom Drive (Lite-On) and a DVD± Burner (NEC). Load ASPI Driver,n you should be good to GO…

I had a hp DVD 200i it died after fw upgrade replaced with SOHW 812s then 1693s
the 200i to old to be of much use with new media

what kind of media are you using?

your burner is only capable of burning at 2.4x. even 4x media is VERY hard to find nowadays. it could just be that your burner and your media aren’t going to work together.

I’m not sure if that’s exactly your problem, but if it isn’t and you do somehow get your problem fixed it isn’t going to do you much good, because burning higher rated media as slow as 2.4x often yields poor results.

I hate to say it, but you probably are better off junking that one and installing a new burner.

Definately ditch the writer. Great writers are available for less than $45USD shipped online all over the place. No reason to deal with trying to find compatible media and burning at such a slow speed just to (probably) get results that aren’t as good as the current burners produce.

-Evan-

Hey dpjizzy… Try downloading this program PC Wizard 2005.1.65 ,It will tell you everything about your system and what you have installed in it. You can then let us know what the drive is. Link courtesy of BigMouth I mean BigMike7. :bigsmile:

Yo-

And when you are educated about your 'puter - Mr Sportsmell will educate you all about the merits of +R medias-eh!

Mike

PC Wizard 2005 said:

Mainboard : MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD (MS-6577)
Chipset : Intel i845G
Processor : Intel Pentium 4 @ 2533 MHz
Physical Memory : 512 MB (1 x 512 DDR-SDRAM PC2100 @ 133 MHz)
Video Card : Intel Corporation 82845G/GL/GV/GE/PE Integrated Graphics Device
Hard Disk : ST380022A (80 GB)
DVD-Rom Drive : Hewlett-Packard DVD Writer 200
CD-Rom Drive : ATAPI CDROM 48X
Monitor Type : CICERO LCD17 18 inchs
Network Card : Realtek Semiconductor RT8139 (A/B/C/810x/813x/C+) Fast Ethernet Adapter
Operating System : Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition 5.01.2600 Service Pack 1
DirectX : Version 9.0b