I can't burn dvd's anymore

vbimport

i recently downloaded a codec pack, k-lite, and when i would burn a dvd it would make it small on my television. there is a black border that is probably around 2 inches thick. it shows all that it is supposed to but i wanted it full screen. i uninstalled it and then installed ffdshow but now when i go and try to burn it windows dvd maker stops working and it doesn’t even burn anything. i had ffdshow before but i unistalled it and put in the k-lite codec pack so i don’t see why it isn’t working. i need help! please!

[QUOTE=dustin_smith;2452578]i recently downloaded a codec pack, k-lite, and when i would burn a dvd it would make it small on my television. there is a black border that is probably around 2 inches thick. it shows all that it is supposed to but i wanted it full screen. i uninstalled it and then installed ffdshow but now when i go and try to burn it windows dvd maker stops working and it doesn’t even burn anything. i had ffdshow before but i unistalled it and put in the k-lite codec pack so i don’t see why it isn’t working. i need help! please![/QUOTE]

From what I know codec don’t burn DVD… What program are you using to burn to dvd? Do you still have the DVD to test and play to see if it works? You provide us the codec but that doesn’t have much to do with burning it’s the software and cd burner you used that we need the specs and info on to know what is going on. Also what if anything did you do before installing this codec if it worked before compared to after the codec? As anything the more details or specs the better to narrow down the problem.

you can adjust your tv screen via the tv remote…(format button) or use the dvd players remote…it has a “zoom” or reduce button that can also do it…my dvd remotes has this function…black bars shouldnt have anything to do with the burn process

just uninstall all codec pax and use rreinstall ffdshow if nuthin else works

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2452760]From what I know codec don’t burn DVD… What program are you using to burn to dvd? Do you still have the DVD to test and play to see if it works? You provide us the codec but that doesn’t have much to do with burning it’s the software and cd burner you used that we need the specs and info on to know what is going on. Also what if anything did you do before installing this codec if it worked before compared to after the codec? As anything the more details or specs the better to narrow down the problem.[/QUOTE]

this is what confuses me because it only did this when i got this message when i downloaded ffdshow and it is windows dvd maker (i like to keep things simple).

[QUOTE=Nosmartz;2452944]you can adjust your tv screen via the tv remote…(format button) or use the dvd players remote…it has a “zoom” or reduce button that can also do it…my dvd remotes has this function…black bars shouldnt have anything to do with the burn process

just uninstall all codec pax and use rreinstall ffdshow if nuthin else works[/QUOTE]

thanks for the tip and i will try it. i did uninstall it and reinstall it that is also what i am baffled about. windows dvd maker always worked before and now… nothing. as for the back border, it only showed up with the new codec that is why i uninstalled it and re downloaded and reinstalled ffdshow and now this is what i get. it sucks.

It sounds like the codec messed up your windows dvd program. Also why did you reinstall it if it was giving you problems?? Also what format did that file come in that your trying to burn to dvd??? Don’t use codec that causes you problem and reinstalling it your just asking for more trouble. You need to get rid of the codec and see if WMP goes back to working order if not you might have to reinstall windows dvd maker - not sure what version you have. If that doesn’t help your going to have to reinstall or reboot your O/S with a recovery cd to get it back to working order.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2453210]It sounds like the codec messed up your windows dvd program. Also why did you reinstall it if it was giving you problems?? Also what format did that file come in that your trying to burn to dvd??? Don’t use codec that causes you problem and reinstalling it your just asking for more trouble. You need to get rid of the codec and see if WMP goes back to working order if not you might have to reinstall windows dvd maker - not sure what version you have. If that doesn’t help your going to have to reinstall or reboot your O/S with a recovery cd to get it back to working order.[/QUOTE]

it wasn’t giving me any problems the first time but i thought that i would download a pack and “upgrade” but i saw how that turned out so i tried to go back and this is what happened. i will try to reinstall it. thanks.