I Can't Burn Any DVD's! Please Help!

I have burned many DVD movies but about 2/3 months ago I have been having a problem. When I try to make a copy, I have np problem copying the movie. BUT when I try to burn, the drive stays busy until timing out. I got a simple question. Does AnyDVD still pop up when ever you put a disc in?? Mine does not. I use a HP zd7140us laptop in conjunction with a Plextor 716UF. MS XP Professional with all updates. I am totally confused.

@ jonesy,

Suggest viewing the below Forum link for the AnyDVD-CloneDVD user tutorial which provides detail information on the use of the AnyDVD-CloneDVD software programs.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?threadid=72022

The problem you are reporting concerning burning Commercial DVD Movie Titles could be cause by an incompatibility problem between the blank DVD Media you are using and the Firmware Version of your DVD Burner.

Below is information concerning DVD Burner Firmware.

Suggest using either DVD Identifier (http://dvd.identifier.cdfreaks.com) or DVD Info (http://www.dvdinfopro.com) and provide the MID (Manufacture ID and Media Code) of the blank DVD Media you are using. Also provide the Manufacture Name, Model Number, and Firmware Version of your DVD Burner.

Best Regards,
bjkg

I am using Verbatium. Plextor recommends it. I burned over 25 disk before this problem reared it’s ugly head. Does AnyDVD still pop up when ever you put a movie in automatically?? Mine doesn’t anymore.

check your anydvd settings. you can actually set it to pop up or not to. if it is set to pop up and it doesn’t, is the disc still recognised with other programs?

So far nothing has worked. Does anyone else have any ideas??

@ jonesy,

You fail to state the name and version number of the software program you are using. To avoid any confusion visit SlySoft (http://www.slysoft.com) and download the latest version of AnyDVD-CloneDVD.

Perchance are you receiving any ‘error notices’ or similar occurrences when you experience this problem?

Perchance do you have any operations running in the background when attempting to make your back up copies like any Anti-Virus programs?

Have you install any new Software Programs or any other modifications to your computer when this problem first occurred?

In posting #2 in this thread requested Manufacture Name, Model Number, and Firmware Version of your DVD Burner. What is the firmware of your Plextor 716UF DVD Burner? How is your Plextor 716UF DVD Burner connected to your Laptop? USB or FireWire?

Best Regards,
bjkg

I’m using the newest CloneDVD2 and the newest AnyDVD. The laptop DVD recorder has no firmware listed. But I had no problem burning DVD’s before. I was using both the burner that came OEM and the Plextor together and seperate. The Plextor firmware was 1.08 until I changed it back at an attempt to solve the problem. The Plextor is hooked up by USB.

@ jonesy,

From the information provided in #7 posting you have an unidentified internal Laptop DVD Burner and an external Plextor 716UF DVD Burner.

In all your pervious posting you failed to mention anything about having two different DVD Burners.

It is rather difficult to provide assistance to you when you fail to provide important pertinent information concerning the hardware involved with your problem.

Also it is difficult when you also chose not to provide requested information. Once again do you have any operations running in the background when attempting to make your back up copies like any Anti-Virus programs?

Once again have you install any new Software Programs or made any modifications to your computer when this problem first occurred?

Best Regards,
bjkg

Ok yesterday i was burning dvds fine with my external Sony DRU-800 on my HP ZD8000 laptop. I installed CloneDVD2 to backup a movie. Now when i try to burn anything with nero the drive either fails the burn or at the end just stalls and does nothing. I’m burning with Nero. I didn’t do anything to my laptop from yesterday to today with the exception of installing the software… If i uninstall it will i be able to burn again or is this shity software going to make me reformat ?

I had exactly the same problem just over a month ago. After a lot of furtling around trying to find the problem, it came down to InCD which came as part of the Nero package. And just like you, it was a case of one minute it worked and the next it didn’t and no obvious cause. But the solution was easy - I uninstalled Nero. Since then perfect burns and no problems.

Make an ISO with CloneDVD2 or with Nero Recode make an .nrg image of your movie then burn the ISO/nrg with the freeware app. ImgBurn Located Here. It is by LIGHTNING UK! author of DVD Decrypter.

I’m using a HP zd7140us laptop.

Nero’s Incd and Roxio’s DragtoDisc do not play well with most other burning engines. Just being installed is all that’s needed to cause the problem. None of the other parts of the Nero or Roxio suites cause such a problem. I have also found that having DVDClonerII installed can interfere both with CloneDVD’s burn engine and with CopytoDVD. Took me a while to figure that one out.

I am having the same problem.

I even did a clean re-install of my enitre hard drive.

Still cant backup movies. One day I was able to the next day I was not able to :frowning: