I desperatly ask for your help.
My sad story:
Two month ago, I created a DL-DVD from a homemade video (our wedding-video):
Verbatim 8,5 GB DL DVD
Resul: It worked perfect, I could and can play the DL-DVD on my computer
and on our "livingroom-DVD player"
Two month ago, I also made a copy from this DL-DVD (same constellation as above):
--> It worked perfect, I could and can play the DVD on my computer and on the
Now, a few days ago (two month later) , I want to copy the DL-DVD again and it wont work:
Every copied DVD (played on the livingroom-DVD or even on the computer using my BenQ-drive
itself (!)) freezed a view minutes before the layer changes and there is no possibility to view any
chapter behind this point.
It's again my BenQ 1620, a Verbatim 8,5 GB DL DVD Media an Nero. Of course, the
BenQ and Nero were updated some times during the last month.
I've tried to copy my original DVD five times and every time I've killed a DL-media (8 Euro each)
Of course I tried different settings for the 5 burns:
- Every time Nero said there were no errrors during the burning process
- Every Nero verify after the burning returned me an OK
- I used an image, no direct-copy
- The image on my computer can be played without problems
- I've used the first DL-DVD and the "two month ago" copy as sources
- I made a speedcheck with the DL-media, QCheck gave it's OK for 4x burning
- I burned with 4x and 2,4x - both failed
- When creating the images, I treated the source DVD as a video DVD (accept read errors)
and as a data DVD (don't accept errors, retry)
- Everytime the booktype was set to DVD-ROM
- I tried two firmwares: B7P9 and B7T9
- When I burn a 8,5 GB DATA DVD, (BenQ, Verbatim, Nero), the
data-DVD works perfect!
- Two month ago, I also created also a quality-reduced 4,7 GB DVD video of my
wedding movie - this movie can be copied and viewed without problems
(to another 4,7 GB DVD) even today.
I've no clue what the reason of my problem could possibly be. I don't want to
continue testing, because it gets really expensive.
Does anybody have / had similar problems or any clue / hint for me,
what the source of my problem could be?
Is my BenQ defective? Aren't Verbatim DL DVDs not supported anymore?
Do I have to use the old B7M9 firmware, the last firmware for the
1620 without pro?
I'm out of ideas.
Thanks in advance for your help!
PS: Sorry, if this problem is already discussed and solved on the board, I
didn't find it. And sorry, if this is the wrong board - i don't know if this is a BenQ problem or a software problem.