I cannot burn correctly with nero 7

vbimport

I used to burn avi’s to dvd ok using nero 6 until I had a computer crash.

I have since rebuilt the PC and installed a Samsung Lightscribe CD/DVDW SH-S182M. At the same time I installed Nero 7 which came boxed with the Lightscribe.

The problem I am experiencing is burning avi’s to dvd.

The avi’s are good quality as I have tested them on the pc.
When I burn them, the video quality is good but the audio sounds like it is way too fast although it does appear to stay in sync with the video.

I have tried burning speeds as automatic and also at the lowest speed 2x with the same results.

Someone told me I need to install a codec but shouldn’t the software already have that? and would it burn them at all if the codec was wrong or not installed?

The burning time has also increased dramatically. For a 710,706 KB avi it takes about 3 hours. Previously it was about 1 hour.

The reason I am burning them to dvd is to watch them on TV. (I don’t have a PVR built yet)

Any help on what I am doing wrong would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Transcoding has nothing to do with burning.

Check DMA mode.

Chef, thanks for the reply.

I actually meant burning onto a dvd not just transcoding to dvd format.

questions.
What is DMA mode?
where will I find it?
what should it be set to?

I did a search on Nero for dma but it returned ‘nothing found’

thanks

Your burner should be set to UDMA2 or UDMA4. Check the ide driver properties.

Enableing DMA -> see my signature.

the dvd writer is set to ultra DMA mode 2 and my hdd is set to ultra DMA 5

i Will Tell You Something But It’s Up To You…

get Rid Of Nero 7, Or Any Other Nero Versions, Or You Pc Will Be Crashing Again

message Me If You Want More Help

william

William, can you suggest an alternative to Nero?
thanks

[QUOTE=Lucianp;1996259]the dvd writer is set to ultra DMA mode 2 and my hdd is set to ultra DMA 5[/QUOTE]

That’s correct.

I don’t do much burning with nero. Only data cd’s, and every once in a while an iso compilation, but now I use IMG burn.

If you’re doing a dvd-video copy you can use Nero recode but you have to have Any Dvd running in the background. Again I have done this before but recommend something else like clone dvd or clone cd

[QUOTE=Lucianp;1995346]I used to burn avi’s to dvd ok using nero 6 until I had a computer crash.

I have since rebuilt the PC and installed a Samsung Lightscribe CD/DVDW SH-S182M. At the same time I installed Nero 7 which came boxed with the Lightscribe.

[U]The problem I am experiencing is burning avi’s to dvd[/U].

The avi’s are good quality as I have tested them on the pc.
When I burn them, the video quality is good but the audio sounds like it is way too fast although it does appear to stay in sync with the video.

I have tried burning speeds as automatic and also at the lowest speed 2x with the same results.

Someone told me I need to install a codec but shouldn’t the software already have that? and would it burn them at all if the codec was wrong or not installed?

[U]The burning time has also increased dramatically.[/U] For a 710,706 KB avi it takes about 3 hours. Previously it was about 1 hour.

The reason I am burning them to dvd is to watch them on TV. (I don’t have a PVR built yet)

Any help on what I am doing wrong would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks[/QUOTE]

Transcoding with nero can take super long times, it's the burning that should take no longer than 9-10 minutes @ 8x. don't burn at 2x-4x too slow can return bad results. Burn 8x-12x. if you have 8x media use 8x burn.

so pay attention as to what is taking so long the transcoding or the burning

[quote=Lucianp;2002277]William, can you suggest an alternative to Nero?
thanks[/quote]

at the moment i am using windows dvd maker, this is because im getting movies from a source that don’t need to be converted, and burn perfect with windows dvd maker.

i was using ‘‘winavi video converter’’, i was getting divx movies and needed to be converted, even then they would not play on some dvd players.

but it’s a great tool to have.

winavi video converter version 8.0, www.winavi.com

if you need anything else let me know, can help you get dvd’s

william,