I can\'t burn a DVD+R! (NEC ND-4551A)

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the NEC ND-4551A. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I recently wanted to burn something that is 7 gigabytes large on a disk.
So i needed to buy a DVD+R with 8.5 GB of space. I bought 3.
But when i try to burn it i always get an error. I already destroyed 2 disks.
The first time it was some random error in the middle of the burning.
The second time it got all the way to the end but in the end: ERROR: Cannot finish both layers at once.

I’m using _NEC DVD_RW ND-4551A
and on their page it sais that it is able to burn DVD+R’s. Then what am i doing wrong? I was burning with Nero Burning ROM. I only have one DVD+R left and i dont want to destroy it please tell me what to do!

[QUOTE=mastuh;2150097][qanda]This thread is about the NEC ND-4551A. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I recently wanted to burn something that is 7 gigabytes large on a disk.
So i needed to buy a DVD+R with 8.5 GB of space. I bought 3.
But when i try to burn it i always get an error. I already destroyed 2 disks.
The first time it was some random error in the middle of the burning.
The second time it got all the way to the end but in the end: ERROR: Cannot finish both layers at once.

I’m using _NEC DVD_RW ND-4551A
and on their page it sais that it is able to burn DVD+R’s. Then what am i doing wrong? I was burning with Nero Burning ROM. I only have one DVD+R left and i dont want to destroy it please tell me what to do![/QUOTE]

What kinda DVD+R did you buy? Also slow down your burn speed as well. Also what is the software version of Nero do you have? Those bad burns could be attributed to poor media. That is where I first would look at then the burn speed. But check also to see if your source files your burning are not corrupt cause that will cause improper burns as well.

I don’t know much about this stuff (thats why i posted here) so i’ll just type the specs written on the DVD case
It sais it’s a double layer DVD+R 8.5GB/240MIN 2.4speed
I don’t know what that means…
Also i’m a little confused about this nero stuff… Well i just go to start>programs>nero 7 premium>audio>nero burning ROM

And in nero burning ROM i go to Burner>burn image
(cause i’ trying to burn an ISO image)
last time i did it i didn’t set the speed right so it automaticly chose 22x …something, saying that it’s the maximum speed it can burn at.

Maybe you can suggest some better software or something?Anything please!

Welcome to CDF :slight_smile:

Have you tried using ImgBurn (free software)? It’s the best at what it does, and handles the layer break much better than Nero.

Also, do you know the brand of the discs?

[QUOTE=mastuh;2150156]Maybe you can suggest some better software or something?Anything please![/QUOTE]
For burning software, I’d use Img. It’s the best burn engine out there and it’s free:

http://www.imgburn.com/

Oh oh, I see the furball beat me to it…:doh:

Hi Arachne…:smiley:

[QUOTE=maineman;2150166]Oh oh, I see the furball beat me to it…:doh:

Hi Arachne…:D[/QUOTE]

Hahahaha. Hi maineman, great minds…:wink:

You added a link, though. The furball was too lazy :bigsmile:

It’s a Hyundai DVD+R

Tnx for the suggestion on using imgburn

Umm what speed should i burn it at?

Well, from the label info you posted…I’d say 2.4X or 4X…no faster than 4X for sure…:wink:

If you could post the MID (media ID), it’d help a great deal.
There are a few utilities to do this…try nero cd-dvd speed. There’s a link in my sig.
Just toss the blank in your burner, fire up nero cd-dvd and click on the info tab.

BTW, the only DL media you’ll find that’s widely recommended is Verbatim +R DL…and manufactured in singapore (MIS)

Hyundai is the brand of your DVD+R DL disc?

Good luck, you’ll be lucky to get those to burn (often the MID, or mediacode, is faked) - the only brand worth using for DL (8.5 gig) discs is Verbatim.

But anyhow. If the disc is rated for 2.4x, then burn it at that speed and see how you go with ImgBurn :slight_smile:

Edit: Rats, Maineman beat me to it this time :smiley:

[QUOTE=Arachne;2150177]
Edit: Rats, Maineman beat me to it this time :D[/QUOTE]

Nah, nah, nah-nah, nah…:bigsmile:

[QUOTE=maineman;2150178]Nah, nah, nah-nah, nah…:bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I’ll let you have that one :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=Arachne;2150181]Yeah, I’ll let you have that one :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]Sorry OT…again…:rolleyes:

[B]Woof !!![/B]

ok i downloaded nero discspeed 4

i have the blank in and the program is running.
Now click on the info tag? “Disk info” ok…
OK i got it… best i upload you a screenshot of it right?

There

OMG 7.96 GB space? on the box it sais 8.5!
K… the file is 6.42 GB so no problem but still thats ripping off right?

[QUOTE=mastuh;2150193]OMG 7.96 GB space? on the box it sais 8.5!
K… the file is 6.42 GB so no problem but still thats ripping off right?[/QUOTE]
Well, one of the ripoffs is that there are 2 different measurements being used.
Media manufacturers rate their blank discs in decimal (base 10) or 4.7 GB for an SL disc.
Unfortunately, your pc measures capacity in binary (base 2) or 4.38 GB for the same disc!
The same, of course, holds true for DL measurements.

The other ripoff is the media itself…it’s crap. Sorry, no offense and please don’t take this personally. The good news is you have only 1 crappy disc left…:cool:

Buy the verb +R DL’s for sure.

What do i do now how do i burn it?

What exactly are you trying to burn…what kind of file(s)?

ISO
(MagicISO Document)