I can no longer see my D:\ drive in my computer (WinASPI error)

i can no longer see my D:\ drive in my computer, which is my CDRW, nero wont open but gives me this error message:

any ideas? thanks

Perhaps the reference to aspi drivers is a clue ?

Though nero usueally uses its own aspi drivers. Perhaps you should uninstall nero , uninstall all aspi drivers; Then reinstall aspi drivers and then reinstall nero.

Originally posted by Yorke_19
[B]i can no longer see my D:\ drive in my computer, which is my CDRW, nero wont open but gives me this error message:

any ideas? thanks [/B]

Did you tryed to reinstall Nero and Aspi drivers???

well i can’t reinstall nero cos my cd drive dunt work!

reinstalling aspi didn’t work

Originally posted by Yorke_19
[B]well i can’t reinstall nero cos my cd drive dunt work!

reinstalling aspi didn’t work [/B]

You have internet access don’t you?
Hence, you can download nero (latest version too) at their website

FOr discussions on aspi I would recommend you use our search and learn more (and you can learn a lot from that)

Last but not least, please use a more descriptive topic title next time, “Big Problem!” doesn’t tell anything about the nature of your problem and is thus annoying (not to mention it causes me work to edit it)

Maybe you should try reinstalling Windows.
Yes, I know your drive is not recognized by Windows. Reinstall windows (I meant, install Windows over your Windows, NOT format and the install) booting from the Windows CD or from a floppy disc, then you should have access to the cdrw drive and then reinstall.

One last thing, it is very unlikely that the problem has to do with the recognition of the drive by the BIOS, but anyway, check up the BIOS report when your system starts, and look for your drive there.

Originally posted by ShadowBlaster
[B]Maybe you should try reinstalling Windows.
Yes, I know your drive is not recognized by Windows. Reinstall windows (I meant, install Windows over your Windows, NOT format and the install) booting from the Windows CD or from a floppy disc, then you should have access to the cdrw drive and then reinstall.

One last thing, it is very unlikely that the problem has to do with the recognition of the drive by the BIOS, but anyway, check up the BIOS report when your system starts, and look for your drive there. [/B]
My BIOS doesn’t detect my CDRW. So what should I do?

If its not in your bios then you should check the drives cables or try it in another machine to see if its died.

I already tried it in another machine and it worked for my original CDROM.

my bios didnt pick up my cdrom sometimes either. its not an issue.

Windows nor Bios detects my CDRW. I want to use my CDRW as a CD-ROM also.

Check this…
Was your drive suddenly not recognized??
I mean, did it work good before the problems began?
What’s the model and brand of your drive?
Have you striked it, or has it fallen or anything that might have broken something inside of it?
The led(s) in the front of the drive, are they on or off, or blinking?
Does the tray open or close?
Does it make strange noises?
Check the jumper settings or the IDE/power cables to see whether they are well-connected.

I will tell you what I do know. The lights are blinking. I can play music cds and listen to them via headphone or through my speakers. The old cdrom worked fine and I tried deleted it but that didn’t help. My CDRW was never recognized.