I can copy SD2 with my Yamaha CRW2100s!

vbimport

Right,everyone seems to say that they cant write sd 2 games with yamaha cd recorders.

Well up to now i have copied,Hitman,Delta Force Land Warior,Age Of Sales 2,Swedish Touring Car Championship 2.

I have tryied with Nero 5038,but it freezes while making the image in 2-3%.i used clone cd(the latest version) and all the games were copied succesfully.Well i used the cracks for the games though.

Try making a copy without the CRACKS then post the "RESULTS .

Yes indeed.

Ofcourse you can copy SD2 with cracks, any burner can! The trick is to get the original protection from the original onto the copy so there’s no need for cracks!

Greets

well ok.I just knew that they cannot be copied at all.
Well the other thing i dont know how to do is:
After making an image of a protected game using either nero or clone cd,i dont know how to replace the orginal .exe with the crack.So that the cd will contain the cracked .exe so that i wont have to replace it after installing the game.ie Grand Prix 3 has safe disk.So using nero i make an image of the game with the cd reader reading at 1x.straight away when the image finishes the cd is copied.So what do i need to do using nero,clone cd to replace the crack iside the cd?
thanx in advance.

Don’t make an image :wink:

Copy all files to your harddisc (including hidden files!) and replace the EXE with the crack… Now burn the files with Nero and use the same CD-label as the original disc.

That’s it!

Well yeah i have tried this with games non protected.But if you have safedisk or dummy files you need to make a image with the required options:(
what can you do then?ie:safe disc requires image 1x reading speed,dummy files…

I think you don’t quite understand it: when a crack is used for a game the protection is bypassed. When you want to copy a SafeDisc protected game with it’s original protection intact, you make an image using for instance CloneCD or Nero.

When you use a crack, you do not need to make an image since the protection is not important anymore…

Greets

Well ok then.Lets take an example.i have the original cd or GP500(it has safe disk).In your way i can copy that to my hard drive(i guess using windows explorer by copying and pasting all files from the cd to the HDD).Then i will replace the .exe with its crack.So i will then copy all these files to a cd using nero so the crack will allready be inside the cd.

Now i had thought of that as well.BUT.whenever i try to do so either the cd hangs or it takes ages for the cd reader, doing nothing at the end.i have tried safe disk and dummy files.THE ONLY WAY i can copy a safe disk cd is by using nero or clone cd and only by making an image of the original cd with 1x reading speed.It is the only way i can do so and it is always succesfull.Then the cd is written using the image from the hdd made and then i just have to istall it and replace the original .exe with the crack and the game works fine.

Can you explain me your way please cos either i am doing it the wrong way and it sounds too weird to me that you can just copy all protected cds to you HDD,replace the .exe with the crack and then write it on a cd…

And something else.The only way i can copy all the files from a protected cd in my hdd is when the cd is a copy to the original.So the protection is allready broken in that cd.It does not work though when i buy an original game and try to copy all its files to my hdd.

I guess you are doing something wrong cause you can always drag & drop all files from a disc to your harddisc from an original disc. You just have to make sure you get all files including the hidden ones! But please note that there are 2 cracks methods:

1. A crack that is applied after installing (most common): the crack is later after installing the game copied to the folder where the game was installed.

2. A crack that replaces a file on the original disc. You can drag & drop all files to your harddisc, replace the file that is to be cracked and write the back-up from these files.

You keep referring to making an image of your disc but like I said before: When you make an image like the way you describe the goal is to get the SafeDisc or whatever protection onto the backup so in theory the back-up will have the same protection and therefore a crack is not needed.

It sounds to me you have a crappy CD-ROM. You don’t have problems when a crack is used: no wonder cause this usually bypasses the CD-ROM completely so you can play the game without the disc.

And one other thing: there are indeed some cases when an image should be made rather then copying all file to your hdd and back to a CD-R. When the game has the Dummy-Files protection or the Illegal TOC protection an image is preferred. Just use Nero with the option “Ignore Illegal TOC” enabled.

Hope I’ve explained it :smiley:

Well i appreciate your explanation,but there is still something it wont work right on me with the theory you are explaining.I have tried your theory before about getting the protection inside the copied cd(by making an image) but the crack was still needed.

Ahh and my cd rom is the ultraplex 40x scsi:)

ie:up to now all safedisk games i have copied(gp3,gunship,superbike 2000.2001,nascar…) i used nero and i made an image to my hdd 1xspeed.BUT.after installing the game the game the game would give me the error:please insert the correct cd rom…If i replace the .exe of the game with the crack it works fine!Was that supposed to happen since i transferred correctly the protection inside the copy?And something else.using the copied cd with the protection inside it,if i try to copy the game in full speed “on the fly” it will copy the cd succesfully.Something i cant do to from the original cd.

i used nero and i made an image to my hdd 1xspeed.BUT.after installing the game the game the game would give me the errorlease insert the correct cd rom… If i replace the .exe of the game with the crack it works fine!Was that supposed to happen since i transferred correctly the protection inside the copy?

No actually this indicates the writing was a failure since when that method is used to goal is to get a good back-up without the need for cracks! You should set it to full speed since this would give you the same results!

And something else.using the copied cd with the protection inside it,if i try to copy the game in full speed “on the fly” it will copy the cd succesfully.Something i cant do to from the original cd.

This is because, like I explained above, the protection is not there anymore! The backup has no error sectors and therefore a crack is still needed! SafeDisc has errors on the original disc. When you read the disc, the program will encounter these errors and they will slow down the reading process. With the method you use, the copy will not have these errors anymore and the game will not work without a crack because when you try to run a SafeDisc protected game, it will check if these sectors are present…

So my conclusion is: you got some things mixed-up :slight_smile: When a crack is used, there is no need for special settings with Nero or something like that because the game will be cracked afterwards. If you want to run a game without a crack you should use CloneCD:

-Fast Error Skip: Enabled

That iT!

you should be right then.i proby didnt get it right from the beggining either did all my friends.And it is been 1.5 years:(.So using the details from the “cd protection detector” for each protection case i should be able to break them without the need for a crack…cool.Thanx for the reply and making me understand my error.

We all have to learn :wink:

Greets m8