I can burn music but not movies?(help)

vbimport

Ok I’ll give it to you plain and simple(hopefully)
I’m a complete newbie so here it goes…
I had win98SE. I got a NEC 2510A and could burn movie and everything. Then the unthinkable happened…I got a virus and ran a virus check and whatever virus it got rid of it also got rid of something important cause I rebooted and It didn’t boot…so I had to install win98 NOT SE cause I didn’t have that disk. With win98 i could only burn music not movies…So I installed winME and still couldn’t burn movies like I used to. But I heard that winME doesn’t have DVD support or something. And also when I go to burn image in nero my NEC 2510A comes on like it’s ready then it just stops. In my DEVICE MANAGER it say CD-ROM and when I drop down the box I see my dvd burner and no exclamation points whats so ever…If you have any Q’s I’ll be more then happy to answer to the best of my ability. I just don’t get it, I’m missing something and I can’t put my finger on it. I live in the boondocks in a small town and not many computer savy people around:(
Thanks and sorry for the long post, but trying to be as accurate as I can.

-brice

is DMA enabled?

Yes it’s enabled for sure.
Thanks!

Everything checked except “sync data transfer”

I can’t say I’ve ever heard a good word said about ME.
If you can, I’d advise you to change to W2000 or XP

Here’s a link to the Microsoft support pages for known problems. http://www.microsoft.com/windowsme/default.asp

best of luck.
mikyanto

Tha’s to bad I kinda liked winME but I’ll take your advise:) win2000 sounds great!
Thank you and thanks for that link VERY much appreciated.

Take care mikyanto! :slight_smile: