I bought a 52/24/52 and im new

Hi

please be gentle with me im new,

I just ordered this lite-on 52/24/52 cdrw, Im upgrading my pc and thought this would be a good investment, My p.c is a p3, 1.6ghtz, 20 gig h/d, and loads and loads of memory, What im wondering is there any problems i should look out for with this writer???

I have bought media 40x, and normaly burn on nero 5,

any advice would be appreciated, thanx mands x:D :smiley:

Not a bad setup. Probably can get what you want accomplished quickly. A 52x burner should be able to burn a 700mb cd in about 2 minutes or so, maybe less.

Only thing I could think of you might run out of cd’s. I have a 32x liteon myself and it takes about 3 and half minutes to cook the cd.

@cloak:
2 minutes…which 52x writer do you have? That would be 40x in average, including leadin, leadout and power calibration :confused:

Originally posted by cloakdoa

should be able to burn a 700mb cd in about 2 minutes or so, maybe less.

Or maybe more ? :bigsmile:

alex
I dont have a 52x I have a 32x. It takes about 3:30 or so for me to burn a cd. A 52x (in guestimation ) should take way less than mine.

I have a TEAC40x CD-RW and I burn them in 3 min.I guess the 52x will burn them in 2 min.!!!:smiley:

It’s around 2:20 - 2:30 depending on the media. rdgrimes is good at reporting that kinda stuff.

WOW a few mins is brilliant compared to what im burning just now, i have an LG writer, 8x takes between 9 and 13 mins to burn, So enething under 4 would just be gr8…

I should get my writer tommorrow, So here’s hoping it instals and works ok!!!I take it by your replys that there isnt really any general faults with this writer???

Originally posted by mandi
[B]Hi

please be gentle with me im new,

I just ordered this lite-on 52/24/52 cdrw, Im upgrading my pc and thought this would be a good investment, My p.c is a p3, 1.6ghtz, 20 gig h/d, and loads and loads of memory, What im wondering is there any problems i should look out for with this writer???

I have bought media 40x, and normaly burn on nero 5,

any advice would be appreciated, thanx mands x:D :smiley: [/B]

Well, you have made a really good selection. The Lite-On burners really rock & they have wider media compatibility @ high speeds than any other burner around.

Originally posted by BoSkin

It’s around 2:20 - 2:30 depending on the media. rdgrimes is good at reporting that kinda stuff.

BoSkin is right. There not much difference between a 48x burner & 52x burner. The time will decrease by only a few seconds.

me again…lol

I got my writer instaled, but i can say now im not overly impressed by the write speed even at 52x it still took 7.46 mins, To burn a 9 song audio cd???

ene suggestions on how to make it go faster, or solutions on what could be making it so slow???

Hi, honey ;-))

Enabling DMA :

Control Panel -> System -> Hardware tab -> Device Manager ->
IDE ATA/ATAPI controlers -> Primary/Secondary IDE Channel -> right click ->
Properties -> Advanced Settings tab -> Transfer Mode ( in Device 0 / Device 1 ) -> DMA is available

Done? Was already set up like that? Dont sposse u have ene other suggestions??

Thanx in advance hun

mands x;)

[B]Done? Was already set up like that? Dont sposse u have ene other suggestions??

Thanx in advance hun

mands x;) [/B]

Do you get buffer underruns while burning? i.e. does the burnes LED turn yellow?

Not that iv’e noticed?..lol

the buffer level thinggy jumps about the place tho? didnt do that before, stayed at 99% with ma lg 8x writer, Dont know if that means enething tho?:smiley: Sorry for being a pain in the bum, Im really really new and still trying to understand what things mean

have you tried setting the write speed to match the speed of the media?

Originally posted by slayerking
have you tried setting the write speed to match the speed of the media?

Smartburn will take care of that. Will lower the speed if the media isn’t compatible.

[B]Not that iv’e noticed?..lol

the buffer level thinggy jumps about the place tho? didnt do that before, stayed at 99% with ma lg 8x writer, Dont know if that means enething tho?:smiley: Sorry for being a pain in the bum, Im really really new and still trying to understand what things mean [/B]

What media are you using ???

Brand name & manufacturer info please.

but is smart burn enabled?

when i changed my writer over to a litey it wasn’t enabled and nero was burning at the speed of the old writer