I am using Imgburn for DL burning but need alternative

vbimport

I am using Imgburn for DL burning and I like the endless number of options but I am looking for another software to try, I might be able to fix my burning issues but I am not able to find ? most burning software I try don’t have options??

I think the people who ue Imgburn knows what else could work for me

I m looking for a software that can

burn DL
set layer break
set booktype (yes my drive support it)
set burning speed

any recommendations ? :bow:

WHY should your “burning issues” to have something to do with the used burning app, here imgburn, which is the best you can get anyway?!?

because they DO have something with software my friend !! why are you defending it as never the cause ??? they fix bugs by the load every version !!!

As soon as I started using C*****D (to avoid smart people who will think I am doing an ad, actually I am happy to keep it for me and keep them living that dream) and all my pain went away , YES Imgburn is full of options but whats the point if doesn’t do it. Imgburn Don’t like brand A Imgburn Don’t like brand B Imgburn Don’t like brand C , just Verbatim !!!, of course I know verbatim is quality but emmm doesn’t that mean the software is the problem !!! well my burner burnt correctly using a brand I throw away thinking that it was not good, hell its more expensive than verbatim but its NOT VERBATIM DAHHH

Do you know what is a HYPE ? VERB and IMGBRN are a HYPE ! people dig hype !

what did you expect from a free software , every single time the author tells you to:

CHANGE MEDIA
CHANGE BURNER
UPDATE FIRMWARE
CHANGE YOUR BROWSER
CHANGE YOUR CAR

NO CHANGE YOUR SOFTWARE, well I changed and happy at last !!!

like it ? good. don’t like it ? better !

The reason why everybody suggest to change media or firmware is that these are the most frequent causes of problems. It is very rare that a burning software can cause problems during a burn, and certainly ImgBurn is not so buggy to cause these issues. Of course, there is no perfect software, and new features are added in every new release, there are not only bug-fixes :slight_smile:

Another reason to not blame the software is that is not the software that actually write the disc, but the drive firmware. No drive, no software and no firmware can transform a bad quality disc into a good support.

It is not fault of the software developer if you use crappy discs. You can believe it or not, but 99% of DVD brands available in the market are not quality media. Only two brands produce proven quality discs: Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden. Even if recently the disc quality is lower compared to discs produced a couple of years ago, they are still the best media available in the market.

If you continue to use crappy media, you’ll have bad results whatever software you use. And don’t think that because is free a software is not good compared to a software that you have to pay 100 bucks, because this is not true at all. There are a lot of free software that are excellent, and actually much better than paid software.

Imgburn is certainly one of the best software available. You can dislike it, nobody will discuss your tastes, but don’t blame a software claiming that is crappy only because you don’t like it :wink:

[QUOTE=databurner;2515344]
Do you know what is a HYPE ? VERB and IMGBRN are a HYPE ! people dig hype !

what did you expect from a free software , every single time the author tells you to:

CHANGE MEDIA
CHANGE BURNER
UPDATE FIRMWARE
CHANGE YOUR BROWSER
CHANGE YOUR CAR

NO CHANGE YOUR SOFTWARE, well I changed and happy at last !!!
[/QUOTE]

Well, shouting isn’t a good sign of argueing in a post as you can now see…

I defend nothing but told you what more than enough users have found out.

@OP if you still searching, try portable nero 9. So far i had zero problems with it, even now i prefer it more to ImgBurn

For what I know there is no officially supported portable version of nero. Where did you get it? :eek:

[QUOTE=geno888;2522852]For what I know there is no officially supported portable version of nero. Where did you get it? :eek:[/QUOTE]

Wonder if he downloaded it illegally…

Googled for it :S I was looking for portable nero for my USB flash, have version 8 but had issues with burning.

Don’t know if it was unofficial, dont think so. Though it was a stripped down burner only, no features at all, only burning option.

Edit: File info says that this is Nero 9 lite, only made portable. Its free software.

Interesting, couldn’t use it tho, as I’m running ubuntu!

Nero is not a free software, the lite version is provided with a burner only :wink:

Someone made a portable version but I’m pretty sure that is not legal :disagree:

[QUOTE=geno888;2523070]Nero is not a free software, the lite version is provided with a burner only :wink:

Someone made a portable version but I’m pretty sure that is not legal :disagree:[/QUOTE]
There is a free version that works with all burners.

I guess you are mixing it up with the free bundled versions that use to come with Lite-On burners. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=cynthia_old;2523085]There is a free version that works with all burners.

I guess you are mixing it up with the free bundled versions that use to come with Lite-On burners. :)[/QUOTE]

oops, this is new for me. Thanks for the news :slight_smile:

I had no idea that a free version was made by nero, but if I understood correctly this is not a portable software. So modifying the software provided by nero making it portable and redistributing it seems not legal to me :slight_smile:

Hey,

Storm Jumper recommended IB to me last week and during my trial runs using Sony SL discs and Verbatum DL discs I’ve had only one coaster. This was probably due to OEM (Operator Error, Man!). As I work thru the learning curve, I’m finding IB easier to use and just as good, if not better than Nero Bloatware.

FYI The one coaster I did with IB, returned a ton of errors during the verifying. I then used DVD Shrink and got a good copy. (I played the IB copy just to see if it would play and it froze about 5 minutes from the end of the show.) Why the difference?-- not sure. [B]But that does not in any way turn me off to IB[/B], and for now, I will keep my Nero/DVD Shrink handy for a backup.

Also,the DL disc I burned came out flawless.

Jim