I am putting my PC together...need help with a few quick questions

vbimport

I am a newbie at building PC’s and I am lost at how I put the Intel Core 2 Quad 2.83GHz and the Tuniq Tower 120 on the mobo (Asus P5Q SE/R)
I don’t understand how the two components go together. Can anyone PLEASE help me??? How do the Tuniq and Intel go together?

The installation of Tuniq Tower 120 is fairly simple. If it is a Socket 478 or LGA775 mainboard, first you fasten the corresponding backplate onto the back side of the PCB. Then you cover the CPU top with a thin layer of thermal paste and install the cooler. You screw it to the backplate through the corresponding holes in the H-shaped plate. You will hardly ever mix them together, but just in case they are all marked

Don’t over tighten your screws but make sure they are snug, when you spread the paste over the chip make sure you cover it all and the spread is smooth.

Not a step by step process by you will get the point

NCIX Tech Tips #1 - Sunbeam Tuniq Tower

:cool::cool:

[quote=platinumsword;2118403]The installation of Tuniq Tower 120 is fairly simple. If it is a Socket 478 or LGA775 mainboard, first you fasten the corresponding backplate onto the back side of the PCB. Then you cover the CPU top with a thin layer of thermal paste and install the cooler. You screw it to the backplate through the corresponding holes in the H-shaped plate. You will hardly ever mix them together, but just in case they are all marked

Don’t over tighten your screws but make sure they are snug, when you spread the paste over the chip make sure you cover it all and the spread is smooth.

Not a step by step process by you will get the point

NCIX Tech Tips #1 - Sunbeam Tuniq Tower

:cool::cool:[/quote]

I watched the youtube, but I don’t get it…I don’t need both the Tuniq and the Intel Core 2 Quad? I can’t use them both together?

You first install the cpu, your MB manuel will have instructions/diagrams. Then follow the youtube video, you might want to do a dry run without the compound to make sure you know how they fit together.

Here are instructions on how to apply the thermal compound.

And here are more pictures of what the tuniq installation should look like.

The main trouble I’m having is trying to figure out if I need the cooling fan that came with the Intel chip as well as the Tuniq cooling fan…it is one or the other right? I have been trying to figure out a way to use both for like 5 hours and I’m starting to think it’s only one that is needed…am I right?

wow thats hillarious, too bad you didn’t find a way to use both, that chip would have been super cooled. Yup, the stock cooling sucks so your not going to use it and use the tuniq instead :bigsmile:

LOL…Thanks man…I was like hmmmmm, this can’t work, there’s no place to put both of them

yeah don’t toss the extra fan you have now. Keep it for “I hope i don’t have a rainy day”.