I am new and not a Techi, need help on DVDRip files

Hi!
Today I have downloaded a movie from Rapidhare. The title says NameOfTheMovie.DVDRip.XviD-DiAMOND and the downloaded files end with MOVIENAME.avi.001…MOVIENAME.avi.xx. Now I could play only the first file if I rename it to avi. But no other file plays. So I am sure there is some mechanism to join them together. But I dont know how. I have tried Easy video joiner and Virtual Dub.
But Easy video joiner refused to read files other than the 1st one.
Virtual Dub after reading the files gives and error message "Could not locate decompressor for format XVD (unknown)
It seems this forum is full of Techis ripping and joining such files. (Sorry I could not find answer to my question within the existing answers).
Regards
Hoku

Hi and Welcome!

You might re-read this very helpful article:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f34/announcement-rules-forum-some-tips-guidelines.html :cop:

Michael

Assuming this is a copyright free DVD-rip you downloaded, you might want to check whether they are saved as RAR files or ZIP files…

How to know that they are zipped or rar files?

Download 7-zip (free). It can handle rar and zip files. Just unpack the files with it.

What You Actually want is HjSplit to join all these files & then its going to give output of single one avi file which will be a movie to see whole.:wink:

& You can get HJsplit from here :-

I think it will solve your problem.