I am having a no audio for some VOB Files Problem

vbimport

Okay, I have managed to used DVD shrink to select specific VOB files from Different DVD’s and then rename the VOB files so I can put them all in one folder. Then I use VOBEdit to combine them and then ifoEdit to create new Ifo files. I can burn to a dvd fine but some of the VOB files dont play audio on my pc or my rack system sony DVD player. If I individually select any VOB file they all play audio but when using a DVD player many of them have no audio. What is the solution to this problem. Please keep things simple but detailed as I am very new to all this stuff and am just learning. I believe something is wrong with the Audio and that it needs to be altered in some way…

I think I need to rip the audio out of the VOB file/s and convert them to a DVD compatable format and then reinsert them back into the VOB file/s. I dont know how to do it though or what software will do it with VOB files???

The audio tarck can/will be of different specs for each DVD you ripped the VOB off. Some can be AC3 2ch, some AC3 5 ch and some PCM. When you combined them is when it all screwed up. Leave them as separate VOB’s and handle each one individually.

I would have demuxed the Video and the Audio track you want off the DVD (both SmartRipper & DVD Decrypter can do this) then Author them in Maestro, adding each set of demuxed files to a new Movie. If you want them to play all in a row, just link the end action of the last chaperter of one to the start of the first chapter of the next. Read the DVD to DVDR Tutorial for help with Maestro. I think DVDLab can be used, but I’m still playing with it.

Originally posted by ChickenMan
[B]The audio tarck can/will be of different specs for each DVD you ripped the VOB off. Some can be AC3 2ch, some AC3 5 ch and some PCM. When you combined them is when it all screwed up. Leave them as separate VOB’s and handle each one individually.

I would have demuxed the Video and the Audio track you want off the DVD (both SmartRipper & DVD Decrypter can do this) then Author them in Maestro, adding each set of demuxed files to a new Movie. If you want them to play all in a row, just link the end action of the last chaperter of one to the start of the first chapter of the next. Read the DVD to DVDR Tutorial for help with Maestro. I think DVDLab can be used, but I’m still playing with it. [/B]

lol this has nothing to do with the thread sorry

but i just had to post and say DAm your avatar cracks me up everytime i see it hehe

congrats man :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Originally posted by ViRuS2k
[B]

lol this has nothing to do with the thread sorry

but i just had to post and say DAm your avatar cracks me up everytime i see it hehe

congrats man :bigsmile: :bigsmile: [/B]

He does a lot of walking but he still cant cross the road :bigsmile:

Originally posted by ChickenMan

He does a lot of walking but he still cant cross the road :bigsmile:

HAHAHAHA

:smiley:

Hey, I had the same problem, and right after I read your question, I found an audio decoder that got my .vob audio to at least play in WMP.

http://downloads.sourceforge.net/ac3filter/ac3filter_1_45b.exe

I know you were trying to do some more complicated things, but it might help you.
I also figure that since 2003 you probably figured it out by now, but maybe this will help somebody else.

And not only did it get my audio working right away, it also has a bunch of settings and mixers to work with if you know what you’re doing (I don’t)

Good luck!

[QUOTE=tightpythonboot;1826988]Hey, I had the same problem, and right after I read your question, I found an audio decoder that got my .vob audio to at least play in WMP.

I know you were trying to do some more complicated things, but it might help you.
I also figure that since 2003 you probably figured it out by now, but maybe this will help somebody else.

And not only did it get my audio working right away, it also has a bunch of settings and mixers to work with if you know what you’re doing (I don’t)

Good luck![/QUOTE]

I have been having trouble trying to watch ‘Back-up’ dvds using the DVDSHRINK 3.2 programme successfully to watch once dumped in my hard drive but without the sound. I have managed to know as much that the’Audio’ folder is meant to be empty but until now Windows media player version 10 and 11, Realplayer and other obscure players wouldn’t play any sound UNTIL NOW:clap::clap::clap:!!!

Your link above has made me very very happy!!:flower:

Thank you for posting that link for audio filter etc…

Cheers!!

[QUOTE=tightpythonboot;1826988]Hey, I had the same problem, and right after I read your question, I found an audio decoder that got my .vob audio to at least play in WMP.

Good luck![/QUOTE]

Thanks, I was just frustrated. This link worked for me and it is Windows 8 Enterprise and end of 2012 now and my computer is a monster comparing to what used to exist at 2003. Excellent job some of these unknown geeks do freely available with no advertisement and so without trumpeting.

[QUOTE=anybody2000;2662285]Thanks, I was just frustrated. This link worked for me and it is Windows 8 Enterprise and end of 2012 now and my computer is a monster comparing to what used to exist at 2003. Excellent job some of these unknown geeks do freely available with no advertisement and so without trumpeting.[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the forums anybody2000 and it’s good to see you’ve already found us useful. :flower:

[B]Wombler[/B]