I am going crazy!

vbimport

I am using version 2.6.1.3 of cloneDVD2
I am using version 4.5.2.1 of anyDVD
I am using Windows XP
I have a dvd that I am trying to copy and when I put it in the drive I get the following from AnyDVD:
Summary for drive E:
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a Data DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)

Video DVD (or CD) label: GMW_HI
Media is CSS protected!
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

Found & removed RCE protection!
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Changed firstplay: Jump directly to Title 1!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Then when I try to run CloneDVD I see all the chapters, etc but when I click go I get the following:

Creation of DVD files was not successful
directory not found E:video_ts
OSUtilIO [WString] TCE

I am able to play this dvd on the same drive that I am trying to copy from and also on other dvd players in my home.

Am I doing something wrong? Do you have any suggestions on how I can copy this disk?
I have not had any trouble copying other DVD’s

Try this:

Start AnyDVD. Copy the video_ts folder from the DVD ROM to your hard drive. Now start CloneDVD. Point to the video_ts folder on your hard drive and see if CloneDVD will run.

If this works, then give the credit to Ollie.

I am not the swiftest guy in the neighborhood so maybe you can help me out.
AnyDVD is always loaded and is residing in my toolbox.
The dvd is in the dvd drive.
Now how do I copy from the dvd to the hard drive?

I went to my computer and right clicked the drive and saw “copy” but I don’t think that’s the one I am looking for.

Also…do I put video_ts into a new folder on the hard drive?

Launch AnyDVD. Open up the CD ROM with the DVD title. You should see a VIDEO_TS folder. Drag and drop this VIDEO_TS folder to another location in your hard drive and select COPY HERE. No need to create another folder. Make sure you delete this folder when you’re all done with the DVD backup.

Thanks Ollie! It worked (I think).
II did as you said and everything looks ok except for the fact that there were two movies on the original disc and they were copied onto the new disc but when I run it and go to menu it only shows one movie. I imagine I could fast forward it if I want to see the other movie but the one that is coming up is really the one I wanted anyway.

I wonder if this method would work when I am trying to clone a dvd and come up with a bad or unreadable sector?

You may see the other version because you did not remove it when you edit the burn in CloneDVD. I normally select the main title (usually longest running time) and AC 6/3 ENGLISH audio.

The latest version of AnyDVD should handle MOST DVD titles. Bad or unreadable sector on older titles could come from a bad/dirty disc. Clean and remove scratches and retest.

This trick may work if you use a DVD reader with superior error correction circuit to decrypt and store the movie to the hard drive.

the same error,

but you can not copy the files about a crc error in all big movie files.

can you help

robert.

There isn’t much you can do about a CRC (Cyclic Redundancy Check) error because it indicates a read error, and thus it’s not a software related issue. A CRC error can be the result of scratches or smudges on a disc. Try cleaning the disc and/or reading it in another drive. Some drives are better at reading damaged or dirty discs than others. If that also fails, your only option left is to replace the original disc with a new one. Sorry…

the disk is clean, and it is a red one,

dvd = LG 6043

robert