Hyundai - Pure Garbage

A friend was complaining the other day about his films going out of sync, stuttering, freezing. All burned on a NEC 3520A at 8x.

Turns out these discs are to blame and the scans are so bad, i am amazed the discs could be read at all.

Disc type: : DVD+R
Book Type : DVD-ROM
Manufacturer: : Verbatim
MID : MCC 003 (000)
Write speeds: : 2.4 X - 4 X - 6 X - 8 X - 12 X

0000 - 01 0F 02 00 00 03 00 00 00 24 5D 8F 00 00 00 00 - …$]…
0010 - 00 00 03 4D 43 43 00 00 00 00 00 30 30 33 00 38 - …MCC…003.8
0020 - 23 54 37 12 02 3C 6C 02 A0 69 15 15 0B 0B 08 08 - #T7…<l…i…
0030 - 01 19 1B 0C 0C 0B 0C 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - …
0040 - 01 00 38 38 02 2B 64 1C 06 2E 23 10 04 1E 1D 00 - …88.+d…#…
0050 - 00 00 02 2B 64 1C 06 2E 23 10 04 1E 1D 00 00 00 - …+d…#…
0060 - 02 00 54 70 02 30 63 68 20 14 10 08 01 20 00 00 - …Tp.0ch…
0070 - 00 00 02 45 62 66 20 14 10 08 01 20 00 00 00 39 - …Ebf…9

well their cars aren’t so good either lol

Fake MID, surely? Where were they made?

I’ve seen Hyundai-branded media for sale at The Reject Shop (seriously, that’s what the chain is called) here in Australia. I can’t remember the price or country of origin, but they weren’t inkjet hub printable so I didn’t look any further into them.

Colin

Their cars are fine considering the price you have to pay.

Their fake Taiyo Yuden media, and now it seems also fake Verbatim media, is not going anywhere near my burners - except if somebody wants to pay me for creating coasters.

There’s enough problems with getting good burns from real media, so why waste any time on fake media?

People have to discover the reality of fake media first, unfortunately. :frowning:

well their cars are getting better

It’s no news for the regulars here that Hyundai discs are el-cheapo stuff. I would rather buy E-net stuff than these! At least, E-net doesn’t fake MIDs… :rolleyes:

And their cars are fine, considering the price. According to several independant sources they’re on par with Toyota for reliability, which is something, but that’s a rather recent change (~3-4 years).

Now they have to make the same change for their optical media :bigsmile:

Not only do they fake media codes, they stole their packaging/branding look from Memorex.

they are at least extremely cheap here :slight_smile: :Z

1. Hyundai cars are getting better and their popularity’s growing especially in the recent several months. It’s South Korea’s thid most important export items perhaps, after semiconductors (Samsung DRAM and NAND flash), and LCD and PDP panels (Samsung and LG).

2. Hyundai name on some CD-R and DVD+R/-R media has very little to do with Hyundai cars or Hyundai apartments or Hyundai department stores. Hyundai retail and real estate often mean high class and luxury (only inside South Korea though.) Hyundai cars are considered cheap and practical but rapidly advancing now even threatening Toyota in some markets. Hyundai for some things like those CD and DVD media trade products across oceans importing from China and then exporting to US and Europe. They just use “Hyundai” brand name but brand control on the part of Hyundai business group clearly isn’t being done well (as opposed to Samsung whose brand value has grown so rapidly that it now is more than that of Sony, far surpassing Hyundai, Daewoo, LG, and every other South Korean jaebol.) They don’t make and don’t know anything about media IDs or whatever of CD and DVD media. So whoever faked Verbatim MIDs, Hyundai trading people just bought from them.

3. Hyundai people who are responsible for the importation, distribution, and marketing were probably low and had little self-respect so they copied Memorex packaging which is nothing new with most businesses around the world related to CD and DVD distribution.

Just why does one buy media under names that have almost nothing to do with PC optical storage or chemistry? GM also makes cars and does that fact make it OK for people to expect them to sell “GM Blu-ray” now? Get Taiyo Yuden instead. Or real Mitsubishi (not “Verbatim”).

Because their priority is low cost. They always look for cheaper sources. They don’t have time (or people) for quality control.

They really are in the category “el cheapo -avoid it at all costs- stuff”.

I thought some of their cars were quite good

I would take one over my VW Polo anyday.

Discs are crap though :iagree:

What’s that? :eek:

http://www.quality-autoimport.no/catalog/images/hyundai%20coupe%20front.jpg

Coupe??

In My Opinion Hyundai CD-Rs Are Only Good For Burning CDs That Will Only Last A Few Weeks In My Sony :slight_smile: CD Player

We are talking about DVDs

A riced out Tiburon (Shark) has nothing to do with quality. As for Hyundai cars, I don’t care what anyone says, crazy warranties or not, I won’t EVER buy one. Too much bad history. Also I would be curious to see how these cars fare 10 years down the road.

I laughed at the “DO NOT BUY” text written on the disc.
Funny stuff GlamRocker.

We’ve discussed this media long ago, it has been fake garbage ever since it was introduced. Earlier they were faking YUDEN000T02 MID’s.

Yeah and pigs can fly.
1 thing E-net distributes HYUNDAI.
E-NET sell more infosmart ass crap. (Movie style )(with fake codes !)
Bulkpaq and some datawrite media has used fake codes.

Hyundai is made by infosmart !

Uh, I’m used to see friendlier posts from you, my online friend… What’s up ? :slight_smile:

1 thing E-net distributes HYUNDAI.
Didn’t know that. I was referring to Datawrite, Datasafe, Tuffdisc and Ridisc. All el-cheapo brands that I don’t recommend, of course. My point with Hyundai was ironic, in case you didn’t get it :wink:
E-NET sell more infosmart ass crap. (Movie style )(with fake codes !)
Didn’t know that either. I only know well the brands I cited above.
Bulkpaq and some datawrite media has used fake codes.
Thanks for the heads-up about Datawrite. Which models, actually? :confused:

Datawrite Reds