Hyperlinking Is Not Copyright Infringement, Scholars Say

vbimport

A panel of prominent scholars and academics have added their voices to an important case that was referred to the Court of Justice of the European Union. The paper published by the European Copyright Society aims to answer the question of whether publishing a hyperlink to content amounts to a communication to the public and therefore a breach of the creator’s copyright under European law.

Link: http://torrentfreak.com/hyperlinking-is-not-copyright-infringement-scholars-say-130218/

:cool::cool:

It never should have been considered any violation, but I’ve seen dozens of websites claim ‘difficulties’ because of hyperlinks.

Truly, this presupposes that One Person can speak words that are uniquely his, that his sentences contain no words or phrases anyone has ever used in the history of mankind.

That our words are truly unique and “owned” by us and us alone.

Funny. I’ve never see too many words originate. Supercalifragilistic… etc, is one exception I can think of immediately.

So, to have someone’s writings referred to by a hyperlink seems nothing more than “quoting”, and I have a feeling few humans in history have learned words that never existed before.