Hybrid Disc

vbimport

I had just finished the Benchmark tests & clicked the Disc Quality tab, when this popped up. As I had never had it happen to me before, I decided to ask about it here. Just curious. Destination Media Type: DVD+R (Disc ID: RITEK-F16-01) (Speeds: 4x, 8x, 12x, 16x) Maxell 16X, 100 spindle, made in Taiwan

I was introduced to that with the Samsung S203B… doesn’t matter what you pick, no problems scanning, so I learned to ignore it. Wish I could give you some insights, but I never really investigated it.

Thanks for replying, somebody will probably know about it.

A hybrid disc is a disc which contains two (or more) different formats (for example Blu-Ray and DVD).
If a hybrid disc is inserted you can select which format will be tested with CD-DVD Speed.
But I don’t know why this window shows up with this disc. It could be a firmware glitch of the drive. I will try to reproduce this.

Nice to hear from you Erik. Shocked the heck out of me. This drive has done a lot of scans & never had this before, but it was a Maxell with Ritek MID. BTW I clicked OK & carried on as normal.