Humax HDR FOX T2

vbimport

Hello all

I am new here and very technically limited !

I am hoping some of you clued-in guys will be able to help me.

I have had a Humax PVR 9300T for several years now and always had problems with it. Basically it becomes progressively inoperable (losing features like live TV pause, incomplete recordings, etc) The only way to regain full usability is to completely wipe the disc and reset everything
This means all recorded progs are lost and there is no USB socket so I cannot transfer TV progs to my PC
I am getting so fed up of this I am thinking of getting a
Humax HDR-FOX T2 which I am thinking will be reliable and mean I can transfer TV progs to my PC

I hope I am posting this where it can be read by someone who can advise me

Thanks in advance

Hi, I’m good How are you?

[QUOTE=New_Wolf;2687551]Hi how’s it going.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Mastus;2687566]The only way to transfer recorded shows off of the 9300T is to remove the drive and connect it to a computer and use a software which can read humax format, for example humaxrw http://humaxdisk.wikispaces.com/HumaxRW[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info.
What do think of the Humax HDR-FOX T2 for reliability ?

Hello all

I am new here and very technically limited !

I am hoping some of you clued-in guys will be able to help me.

I have had a Humax PVR 9300T for several years now and always had problems with it. Basically it becomes progressively inoperable (losing features like live TV pause, incomplete recordings, etc, etc) The only way to regain full usability is to completely wipe the disc and reset everything
(contacted Humax this is what they said to do)
This means all recorded progs are lost and there is no USB socket so I cannot transfer TV progs to my PC
I have been told that removing the hard disc & hooking it to my PC,
then using some special software to convert it is the only way to save my progs. (beyond my capabilities I think)
I am getting so fed up of this I am thinking of getting a
Humax HDR-FOX T2 which I am thinking will be reliable and mean I can transfer TV progs to my PC

Anybody have any advice about the Humax HDR FOX T, long term reliability etc. ?
Should I invest in this Humax, I’m a bit dubious as my present Humax was very well recomended when I bought it and turned out to have major problems !

Thanks in advance
Ceejay

I don’t live in the UK so I don’t have this type of hardware.So my information is from Google.
Next you have made other posts that are almost the same under another user name as well. I’m surprised a mod hasn’t warned you about cross posting. I will let them do that but you are headed for a warning.

The old unit you have I didn’t look into other than what you’ve posted.
From what I found on the Humax HDR-FOX T2 I think the problem willl be the same for both.
The newer Humax HDR-FOX T2 does have a USB out that can be used to transfer some files to another hard drive on a computer . The person I read this about was using linux but I think similar could be done with Windows.
Here’s the problem only the SD( Standard Definition) files transfer at least in a playable form.
HD (High Definition) files are encrypted or sort of.
If you were just transferring to a new harddrive & were going to install that harddrive into your Humax that might not be a problem .So if that is possible
you might be able to save HD files you have on the old harddrive.

The article I read had a solution for the HD files from the Humax HDR-FOX T2.
Using linux & a hex editor.

1.Make sure you can FTP to your Humax box (RTFM on how to enable FTP). Hint: the default username is humaxftp and the password is 0000 which is your pin in case you’ve changed it
2.There are four files for each recording. The one we’re interested in has the extension .hmt
3.Copy the .hmt file to your PC. The simply use a hex editor to modify the file. I suggest you make a backup copy of the file before editing it.
4.The byte we need to change is at offset 0x3DC and will contain either 00 or 02 if the recording is encrypted (actually all files are encrypted, I guess the flag really means decryption allowed). Using the hex editor change this to 04 and then same the file.
5.Now copy the file back to the humax box. When you navigate to the recording on the humax box you should no longer see ‘enc’ next to the HD symbol.

This is a link to the whole article:
http://www.linuxinstead.com/blog/2012/12/31/humax-fox-t2-hd-copy/

Sorry about the quality of the image . I didn’t create it but copied it from the site .
I did enlarge it & improve it some.