Huge Problem regarding how to undelete NTFS files. Help!

vbimport

I was backing up my computer today onto CDs and I deleted most of the files after I was done before I was going to re-format. It turns out two of my CDs did not burn properly and I lost the info on them and some of it is very important for school work. I am running winXP with NTFS, I know you can do this in fat files systems but wit NTFS is there a way to restore deleted files? I have not formatted yet. Can I roll back my registry or something, I tried windows restore but it only restores important files.

Anyone who can help please respond.

There is.

There are several programs on the internet that will give the opportunity to restore deleted NTFS files, even when they are protected. You could need admin rights though.

A couple of these programs :

Restorer 2000

UnEraser

Active@ Data Recovery

GetDataBack

Thanks a lot. One more question, when I am restoring the deleted files do I need to save it to a second hard drive or can I save it to the same one? I have seen a few warnings about this before.

Thanks!

Originally posted by dave818
[B]Thanks a lot. One more question, when I am restoring the deleted files do I need to save it to a second hard drive or can I save it to the same one? I have seen a few warnings about this before.

Thanks! [/B]

you can save it to the same harddisk/partition , but this will overwrite other “undeleted information”, so it is not recommended to tamper with the partition on which you wish to undelete things (so no resizing them either !)

I downloaded system works and it is an .iso file.

How can I convert that.

Originally posted by dave818
[B]I downloaded system works and it is an .iso file.

How can I convert that. [/B]

Norton System Works ?

As an ISO file ?

Dude… we don’t deal with illegal iso files here…

The 4 links i showed you all give SHAREWARE products which you can buy if you feel that they will serve the purpose of undeleting your files.

Please tell me i have not wasted my time with you because you want to undelete legitemate and purchase the tools if you continue to use them.

Please tell me i should not warn you because i am horribly wrong in my assumptions.

Please don’t make me close or delete this thread.

Please don’t make me kick you.

Please ?

Sorry, I am in a bind, I lost important work I need today.

undelete is another program that can retrieve deleted files. I would and do personally use unerase like Mr Belvedere said earlier.

Just giving another alternative.

Hi,

I suppose it is possible for you to restore data using data recovery tools. Among them I can pose out Active@ undelete and Uneraser ( for DOS) theese tools were able to restore data I erased so I’m quite sure it will be able to help you.
http://www.active-undelete.com/
http://www.uneraser.com/