Huawei E169 USB HSDPA Modem & Plextools Freezing

vbimport

I am using a Huawei E169 USB HSDPA Modem and it has a protected virtual drive that loads drivers onto any Laptop/PC that you plug it into.

The Modem works fine, Plextools works fine, but…

If you try and feed a CD (blank or otherwise) into the computer, Plextools will freeze once it tries to assess what is on the virtual drive letter contained on the Huawei E169. The process cannot be terminated using Windows Task Manager or an app like Process Explorer.

Is it possible to force Plextools to just poll only the Plextor Drive, or ignore another ‘drive’, virtual or not, by editing an existing config file somewhere.

Plextools Professional 2.35

The HSDPA USB dongle is the only form of internet connection I have at present, I’d like to retrieve CDText from the internet within Plextools, hence the need to use the two at the same time.

[QUOTE=mea_culpa;2089400]Is it possible to force Plextools to just poll only the Plextor Drive, or ignore another ‘drive’, virtual or not, by editing an existing config file somewhere.[/QUOTE]

Yes, that possibility exists since Version 2.20. Excerpt from the changelog:

PlexTools Professional Ver 2.20

1. Added command line argument “/d:driveletter” to skip drives for scanning at startup

Cheers hwp. I’ll give it a go.