Http://tdb.rpc1.org/ down!

vbimport

Dangerous Brothers seems to be unreachable again for the last day or two. Does anyone have a mirror or at least the firmware files for external Pioneer 111L which are 111LX819.ZIP and 111LX829.ZIP?
Need them quite urgently please.
Thanks again.

Sorry, we seem to have a hardware problem. Came out of the blue.
Hopefully we can fix it ASAP.

I have the files not handy. I will search for them later today.

Are Vlad and Igor still active? It’s been a while since they released any patched firmware …

[QUOTE=alexanderino;2100696]Are Vlad and Igor still active? It’s been a while since they released any patched firmware …[/QUOTE]

no, they haven’t been so for a good 18 months

@ezer: Check your PM.

Thanks for your help.

The firmware 111LX829 for DVD9+R9 ‘cmc mag’ discs only seems to allow for 2.4 speed burn on dual layers.
Is there a strategy around to up this disk type back to a standard 8x for dual layer.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

[QUOTE=PumaUK;2100706]no, they haven’t been so for a good 18 months[/QUOTE]
Does anyone have any news of them? I sure hope they’re alive and doing well :frowning:

@ ezer,

There is an excellent reason why both Pioneer Firmware and Buffalo Firmware limited the speed of CMC Mag Media in their Firmware. Pioneer’s extensive research revealed that CMC Mag Media was problematic Media and in an effort to prevent failures of CMC Mag Media both Pioneer and Buffalo Firmware limit the speed of this particular Media.

Any efforts to increase Firmware speed of CMC Mag Media will result in problems.

If you desire faster burning speeds of DL Media suggest using known proven quality error free Verbatim DL MKM001/MKM003 Mitsubishi Kagaku Media which consistently produces quality error free results. All other DL Media is considered suspect and should be avoided (not used).

Regards,
bjkg

Thanks, appreciate your comments.

I have a glut of cmc mag dual layer discs to use. I guess I will just have to pull some of my other drives out to use them.

I use the current drive through a ide-usb interface for my laptop on the road. Would make it ideal to both burn single and dual layer at reasonable speeds.

Anyway thanks for the suggestion.

Hope rpc1.org comes back safe from the problem. Good luck guys!

[QUOTE=ezer;2100829]Thanks, appreciate your comments.

I have a glut of cmc mag dual layer discs to use. I guess I will just have to pull some of my other drives out to use them.

I use the current drive through a ide-usb interface for my laptop on the road. Would make it ideal to both burn single and dual layer at reasonable speeds.

Anyway thanks for the suggestion.[/QUOTE]

“CMC MAG” is no like “CMC MAG”.
I had good results with CMC MAG D04…

I don’t seem to have cmc mag d04 in my mediacode list for the firmware for this drive. I only have do1 and d03 and they are only 2.4x. I would like to import the d04 strategy but don’t know where to get it.

Back to the topic:

rpc1.org is up and running.

Thanks for the update. But the others issues are indirectly related.
I was hoping the ‘external update’ would fix the very low ‘cmc’ speed.

Good to know the site is humming again though.

[QUOTE=ezer;2101325]Thanks for the update. But the others issues are indirectly related.
I was hoping the ‘external update’ would fix the very low ‘cmc’ speed.

Good to know the site is humming again though.[/QUOTE]

There is no writestrat difference between internals & externals, AFAIK.
The low speed for that CMC media is due to bad results when burning them…