HSG8 OEM firmware - any1 tested yet

1.0.0.4 works with it (just tried it)…can’t flash mine until next week to evaluate it though (computer is out of comission)

I used 1.0.0.2, and worked just fine.

But I would always recommend using the latest version where possible. I would of used 1.0.0.4 if I realised it was out :slight_smile:

thanks for your help i used the latest version and it worked:D

it worked but the drive shows up as a drw1S81 and when i want to burn a - r disk i get everytime a error with nero ,and says iligal disk this also happend to me on the HSOP firmware . with the plus r disks i dont have any problem and can also burn on 8 speed .what can i do tho burn to - r disk do i have to flash the orginal firmware back or not thanks:rolleyes:

I’d suggest you flash back to HS0K, or try the OEM firmware HSG8.

DVD-R is burnt very badly by HS0P.

when i go to the site in the link i do not find gs08,little help would be cool on finding,thanks
bruce

Originally posted by braynes
when i go to the site in the link i do not find gs08,little help would be cool on finding,thanks
bruce

I´m not sure what you are looking for… @ this site.

GS08…? :confused:

:cool:

sorry was half asleep if i look at the link, i get see to all kinds of frimware but not the hs08

got it thanks

There is a new firmware (H4S3) for the TEAC DV-W58G (OEM LDW-811S) at ww.rpc1.org - it works in my 401S@811S, but I couldn’t test the burning quality yet. Flashfix doesn’t work for the Windows-Flasher from Teac, I had to use a Hex-Editor to get the firmware out of the file WIN_H4S3.EXE. The firmware begins with the hex-values 0206A1024003021010000002400B and is exactly 1.048.576 Bytes long.

hey can you send me the bin to try? braynes@adelphia.net

sorry i ment the the teak one

Originally posted by clmx
There is a new firmware (H4S3) for the TEAC DV-W58G (OEM LDW-811S) at ww.rpc1.org - it works in my 401S@811S, but I couldn’t test the burning quality yet. Flashfix doesn’t work for the Windows-Flasher from Teac, I had to use a Hex-Editor to get the firmware out of the file WIN_H4S3.EXE. The firmware begins with the hex-values 0206A1024003021010000002400B and is exactly 1.048.576 Bytes long.

No need for a hexeditor…

Use this TOOL, made by code65536

Safe and easy :smiley:

BTW, you can also d/l H4S2b. Thanks dhc014