HS0Q official firmware for 811 available!

vbimport

Download it from the liteon page.

Experiences anyone? I’ll test it in a few hours…

Thanks for the heads up and good goin FTC. I’ll be watchin these pages to get feedback on it until I get home and can try it. As usual, can anyone post newer media codes etc?

I know I REALLY shouldn’t be doing this:iagree:
, BUT:cool: … does Rimmer66 have any comments concerning this recent OFFICIAL firmware:p:rolleyes::eek::smiley: ? I do distinctly remember a particular rimmer saying adamantly that there would be no further lite on firmwares and that the 811 would no longer be developed.
Even if I’ve made myself a target for some new rants, I dont mind… kinda worth it:bigsmile:

Kekeke… :D.

Hence my habit of never ruling out the fact that they might just release a new firmware…

:bow:

Thanks LiteOn!

I tried it and it has a problem with tracking up with ritek g04, makes several noises while trying to read disc and half the time couldn’t see the disc. Back to hs0e.

Hopefully thats means we will get an update for the 411S soon

if ur in a rush for new firmware, I guess u could upgrade to 811 and use HS0Q and then revert to 411 if/when new firmware comes out. It could give u an idea of things to come.

Strange thing is, they didn’t do much in the way of “Match more media”. In fact, its DVD media support list is the exact same as HS0P. Not a single code was added, not even the much talked-about AML -R code using in some of the newer junk -R media that people have been buying. Hmm…

Maybe they just improved the generic write strategy for unsupported medias ?

Maybe they just improved the generic write strategy for unsupported medias ?

I would guess so… If I’m not wrong, in the changes detail of HS0P or HS0K it already said that firmware was no longer requiring to have different media harcoded… but that the generic write strategy would take care of all media at its certified speed.

I’m interested in verifying whether there has been any improvement in the following areas :

• DVD-R writing in general
  • DVD+R writing with not-so-common/low quality media
  • PI/PO reporting (looks like it’s a bit high/unconsistant in some cases)
  • Hangs with Nero and some other apps writing DVD-R
  • Mt Rainer support ? (I know, I’m dreaming but for sure I’ll check it)
  • Bitsetting for DVD+RW media ??

Regards
FTC

bitsetting +RW in my 811 works fine, likewise -r with nero. Ive seen other cases of issues with -r and nero, but not with RWs.

Now I can write 24x CD-RW :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t know what’s change. Like code65536 I’ve notice that the medi list is the same of HS0Q (and HS0K). I used the speedsetting tools to see the list but i don’t know, a this point, if it’s trust.
I save the eeprom before the upgrade form P to Q and after to do a compare, the result was that the EEPROM is identical…so, what have they improve?.. :confused:

Originally posted by Ventu
I don’t know what’s change. Like code65536 I’ve notice that the medi list is the same of HS0Q (and HS0K). I used the speedsetting tools to see the list but i don’t know, a this point, if it’s trust.
I save the eeprom before the upgrade form P to Q and after to do a compare, the result was that the EEPROM is identical…so, what have they improve?.. :confused:

The EEPROM is not suppose to change with a firmware update.

In my last upgrade from K to P I’ve notice that the EEPROM was change. I don’t know if this was because I’ve used the speedhack tool with the K firmware…but …i don’t know…:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Ventu
In my last upgrade from K to P I’ve notice that the EEPROM was change. I don’t know if this was because I’ve used the speedhack tool with the K firmware…but …i don’t know…:rolleyes:

The EEPROM does not change with a firmware upgrade. The EEPROM always changes after you burn a disc.

Originally posted by booma
I know I REALLY shouldn’t be doing this:iagree:
, BUT:cool: … does Rimmer66 have any comments concerning this recent OFFICIAL firmware:p:rolleyes::eek::smiley: ? I do distinctly remember a particular rimmer saying adamantly that there would be no further lite on firmwares and that the 811 would no longer be developed.
Even if I’ve made myself a target for some new rants, I dont mind… kinda worth it:bigsmile:

After contacting them - I was corrected, if you read my post, I did say there will not be further developpement to improve the 811… I did say there might be 1 or 2 new updates to match more media, but that’s it there won’t be anymore releases to fix any issues or to improve the writing strategy. Take the time to read before you fly off the handle.

Originally posted by FTC
[B]I would guess so… If I’m not wrong, in the changes detail of HS0P or HS0K it already said that firmware was no longer requiring to have different media harcoded… but that the generic write strategy would take care of all media at its certified speed.

I’m interested in verifying whether there has been any improvement in the following areas :

• DVD-R writing in general
  • DVD+R writing with not-so-common/low quality media
  • PI/PO reporting (looks like it’s a bit high/unconsistant in some cases)
  • Hangs with Nero and some other apps writing DVD-R
  • Mt Rainer support ? (I know, I’m dreaming but for sure I’ll check it)
  • Bitsetting for DVD+RW media ??

Regards
FTC [/B]

Have you had a chance to verify for yourself or are you saying you have consistently high PIPO with HSOQ ?

Originally posted by FTC
I would guess so… If I’m not wrong, in the changes detail of HS0P or HS0K it already said that firmware was no longer requiring to have different media harcoded… but that the generic write strategy would take care of all media at its certified speed.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?threadid=91514

HS0P was unable to handle that media type. Assigned it the lowest default -R speed (2x) instead of burning it at 4x.

Well if you fellers are sure LiteOn didn’t add any additional media codes they shouldn’t have put “Match more media” under the description.