HP1270i(t) B crossflash to iHAS624 B LabelTag not working problem

vbimport

I just purchase HP model dvd1270i-H03 B and crossflash to iHAS624 B (codeguys GL27 stock firmware).

I try LabelTag with PLDS SmartPack Utility but drive crash after start burn and need to shutdown PC to stop it.

Other function work perfect.

Any help is appreciated… thanks.

Some details of my drive. I think it is iHAS424 B clone right?

Drive crash after start burn (test on DVD-R , CD)

Attach new images for someone don’t have imageshack account :flower:

I have the same drive flashed to 624B version. Haven’t tried labeltag yet but, it should work. Make sure you don’t finalize the dvd before using the labeltag feature.

[QUOTE=SonnyUnlocker;2579295]I have the same drive flashed to 624B version. Haven’t tried labeltag yet but, it should work. Make sure you don’t finalize the dvd before using the labeltag feature.[/QUOTE]

I’m sure, I don’t finalize disc. I start multisession with Nero10. :iagree:

Please try your drive with labeltag, if it work I’ll find other solution.

I use this drive on AMD SB710 controller (raid mode)

update.

I try open multisession 100mb data with CDBurnerXP program and fail to burn LabelTag again. :sad:

[QUOTE=cap_zone;2579300]I use this drive on AMD SB710 controller (raid mode)[/QUOTE]
RAID mode could be one reason why your drive seems to crash when using Labeltag.

[QUOTE=Liggy;2579339]RAID mode could be one reason why your drive seems to crash when using Labeltag.[/QUOTE]

I’ll try with IDE mode later, because my motherboard has only one controller and my couple harddrive have to run in raid0.

If this problem came from raid mode, I think PLDS SmartPack Utility not support in raid mode.

Please suggest me with another Labeltag software.

Update…

Now I connect DVD drive with sata to usb converter it work!!! without problem.

My conclusion. [B][COLOR=“Red”]PLDS SmartPack Utility not support Labeltag in raid mode[/COLOR][/B].

I think LiteOn should improve their Labeltag software. :a:a:a

The SmartPack utility is working as it should. Why should it support RAID mode since you can’t put optical drives in RAID, which is meant for hard drives / SSDs? Your beef is with how you set up the controller mode, not how SmartPack is/isn’t working.

[QUOTE=KTL;2579517]you can’t put optical drives in RAID?[/QUOTE]

Why I can’t connect optical drive in controller when set in raid mode?

My motherboard has only one controller and my couple harddrive have to use in raid 0 mode.

I tried to search many discussion in this forums that they success to burn Labeltag, I think they connect optical drives in controller which set in basic mode(IDE mode).

As I know SmartPack is only software that support Labeltag. I think SmartPack should support when controller set in raid mode too.

If you search long enough in these forums, it’s a well-known fact that optical drives do NOT work properly in RAID mode. The only workable setting is IDE mode. That’s just the limitations with the chipset function and drivers.

Why do you want optical drives in RAID mode? So you can have the impossibility of redundancy with optical drives? Again, SmartPack is meant to be used with optical drives, not hard drives or SSDs, so there is NO reason to support RAID.

Get a Silicon Image-based add-on card flashed to BASE BIOS, not RAID BIOS, if you want to use the LabelTag feature.

Thanks KTL for your advice. :iagree:

I’ll get Silicon Image controller for my optical drive.